Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Help me find a laptop under $700

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  flyinfitz1 
#1 ·
Daughter wants a 14in laptop under 4lbs for Xmas. Any ideas? Between her grandmom, mother, my gf and myself the budget is 700. This will be her combo Xmas/birthday gift from all of us. She's in 9th grade now so I'm justifying it since she is not allowed to use my computer.

I was looking at this since it was 4lbs but I'm sure I can find a better deal if I shop around. The reviews on this aren't the best either.

Requirements are 8GB ram, 14" display, 1 HDMT, under 4.5 lbs, 500GB HD.

Font Magenta Electronics Label Technology

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

See less See more
#8 ·
Don't bye HP. 7/10 laptops I work on are HPs. Really not made to last. Try and get a core i5 processor with over 4gb of RAM. Use windows 7 for the OS not Windows 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#9 ·
#10 ·
#11 ·
Also, steer clear of the extended warranties at big box shops. Save your money for a local reputable tech. It will be cheaper and you won't have some 19yr old best buy trainee learning how to repair pcs on your dime. I can't tell you how many times I've repaired something best buy has "fixed".

Ok off my soap box

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.