Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Held Titan Gloves

10K views 66 replies 19 participants last post by  jcfz6r1 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE!! GLOVES HAVE ARRIVED!! :tocoo:

Held's sizing chart is dead on the monkey, i dont know how they do it... they recommend to go up 1/2 size bigger if you're on the limits
of a size... just measure your hand at the palm behind the fingers and right where the thumb starts, all around @ the widest point with a soft measuring tape,
i went by Centimeters as i found it to be much more accurate, i was dead on at 24cm.. which is the max for a size 9, so i went with 9.5
they are supposed to be snug, and will stretch a little with use but are suppose to wrap perfectly snug around your fingers, and very much
so at the palm... this is so no extra fabric can fold and catch in the event of a fall... *note, day after, having worn them a couple of times
i find i could possibly handle a size 9, hmmm.. i may consider an exchange... if there's one thing that bugs me is that its impossible to find
these in the stores... if you get a chance, try a couple different sizes on.. please see added note on post #20, EXTREME SUPPLY offers worry free exchange
policy...

As expected! wowsah! what a fvcking glove! this is the shiznitt!!, they are an absolute {read note above} PERFECT FIT, snug! fingers are the perfect length except for thumbs where
they are a mm longer... which is fine by me... palm is snugg as expected, i'm sure they'll break-in nicely... the features in these gloves are mind-numbing...

double hidden, flat stitching all over the fingers... all stitching seems to fold to the inside of the glove, perfectly flat... not a chance is anything gonna catch
and dismantle the glove... Kangaroo leather is so soft and supple its incredible!! brand freakin' new and it feels like i've already broken the palm in... just needs
to give a little more for perfect comfort around the grips...

the strap that goes around the wrist on the right glove starts on the right side upper part of wrist and goes all the way around obviously, but its only exposed
on the top side, as soon as you get to the thumb, it goes into a tunnel covered with leather, double stitched which stretches all the way through the underside of the wrist and towards
the pinky finger and then spreads up the gauntlet with 3 huge Stingray leather pads, I believe there is a carbon shell under these as well as its incredibly tough and is amazingly
comfortable, leading up your forearm a good distance, but not too huge that it would get in the way when you bend your wrist... i severely doubt there is even a chance in hell of this fabric
on the underside of the wrist would give at all, so you can rest assured the strap will remain unharmed in case of a fall, and thus keep the glove perfectly tight
as you desire... the same goes for the left glove but obviously in reverse order.. lol

the stingray leather is fvcking amazing!! slick as baby shit, hahahha... the padding that goes on the CARPAL TUNNEL area right at the base of the palm
is fvcking huge, there is a very nice shock absorption gel under the length of it, and is really comfortable when you lay your hands flat on a surface!!
its so wide it completely covers most of the two muscles which give you your grip strength, at least half the thumb, right over the
the carpal tunnel fascia, and so far over to your pinky finger that it actually wraps up and a onto the top of your hand a bit... also, the carbon fiber
sliders on the base of the thumb and on the side of the hand at the base of the pinky finger are stitched in, without seams at all and hard as, well, carbon fiber.! duh!! :lol

the knuckle protector is surrounded with carbon fiber, a layer of kevlar, and topped with Titanium!! you would think this would make it uncomfortable but
I can guarantee you you wont even notice it.! the kevlar plate which holds it all together under the titanium spreads right from the start of the knuckles
at the fingers and all the way to about 3/4 of the upper hand.. it has a very nice stretch accordion panel wher it ends and seamlessly leads right into
the gauntlet...

there are two stingray covers on two spots covering the joints on the pinky and ring finger, these fingers are joined, and you cant even feel it...
there is also a stingray cover on the last joint in the middle finger which is perfect as this would generally hit the shift or clutch lever... i'm sure
it will be great for me as i tend to unconsciously push out the lever the last millimeter when i disengage it... there are stretch panels
on both the index and middle fingers on top of the upper joints...

what can i say... having spent a good half hour admiring these wonderful gloves i find it impossible to believe they would come close to dismantling
in the event of a fall... they are incredibly well built, obviously all work is done by hand and attention to detail is absolutely 2nd to NONE!

are they worth the loot!?? HELL FVCKING YUP!!... considering the amount of protection, comfort, ease of use and feel.!! damn rights...

i got 'em shipped to the border by EXTREME SUPPLY @ $315, gladly paid the tax at the office and laughed all the way home...

i'm very glad i made the leap of faith and listened to everybody's glowing reviews.. its worth mentioning they even come with
button snaps to strap 'em together so you wont loose just one... hahahha... the huge cardboard tag they come buttoned to
{a very nice little detail} has a little braggin' rights on the top corner.. MOTORRAD TOP BRAND 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!

the gauntlet is not super thick to make it uncomfortable if your jacket goes over it, but i'm sure i'll be wearing my sleeve under the
gauntlet.... i think if you love your hands, and love riding... you cant afford not to invest on such fine workmanship... this guntlet
has a nice, supple liner which goes all the way down the glove and onto your fingers... there is no liner on the bottom of the glove
which allows for absolute sensitivity when riding for great feel.! the palm itself is a very nice thick double layer of Kangaroo leather.!

See less See more
#2 ·

#3 ·
Nice review... If I didn't have two pairs of A* GP Pro's I'd be tempted as I'm not a fan of the GP Pro's at all. :no

#4 ·
thanks mate, i've been debating the purchase for some time, I looked around, reading
every damn review possible, looked at crash tested pics, every top brand i could find...
argued with local riders about what was the ideal protection... i'm certain i found it.!

having suffered a nasty fall in 2010 which left me with a nice little scar on my left palm
i decided i just could not put a price on safety, comfort and reliability, these gems hit every point

I will post a follow up review once i get a chance to ride with 'em on... or possibly even
tomorrow as i'm sure i'll dream about these things all night long... never again, no more hand injuries for me... ever!! amen. :finger

#6 · (Edited)
you'd be amazed at how much you learn about your hands after a little session under the knife...
i am absolutely anal about wanting to know every single detail of a product before i purchase it... figured i was in good company :thumbup

that and its kinda part of my therapy to type... :lol

ohh, and, ahhh.. SHUD-dAP!! :hammer:

#19 ·
you'd be amazed at how much you learn about your hands after a little session under the knife...
i am absolutely anal about wanting to know every single detail of a product before i purchase it... figured i was in good company :thumbup

that and its kinda part of my therapy to type... :lol

ohh, and, ahhh.. SHUD-dAP!! :hammer:
Hahaha, a great review with a little humor.

#12 · (Edited)
sorry I had to rely on my NEXUS camera, only 5MP but this lens seems to have great focus, ideal for high contrast..

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
:cool:

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
:sing:

Attachments

#15 · (Edited)
:gengar:

Attachments

#17 · (Edited)
tHANKS,

Digs :hellobye

#20 · (Edited)
thats what sold me on 'em actually.. if nothing else, a glove should stay in one piece in the event of a crash... seen some real horror stories with the other guys.. no thanks.. :sing:

Hahaha, a great review with a little humor.
gotta keep it light, i says... :sissy:

*note added above ::

having a closer look at these HELD gloves, i may exchange them for a size 9, they recommend you go up one half size if you're on the edge of a measurement, which i believe im' at, but i dont know, seems a cm and a half difference may be too much... the fingers are almost dead on right size, i'm afraid with several times a day of pulling them off the tips would stretch so they may work themselves loose over time... i'd rather take my time to work'em in rather than finding them loose down the road.. the knuckle protector is awesome but it uses a massive Kevlar piece on the upper part of the hand, which i dont think is sitting snug enough.. thank god for worry free exchange policy, i'd have to cover return shipping but thats no biggie... its worth noting if you go via EXTREME SUPPLY, they ask you return them with all original packaging, not just the manufacturer's plastic bag they come in, so make sure you keep it all before you make a final decision

#21 ·
Wow,INTENSE review man. I need a nap now lol!
Mike

#23 ·
glad i could help.! :fingr:

#24 ·
:shake Jeez dude!...I thought you'd bought a new bike or something! :lol

They're just gloves...but they're very nice. :boobies

#25 ·
#27 ·
Exposed kevlar on fingers

Bacchus,

I just received my pair of Titans. I'm very impressed with the level of protection, but am curious if your pair has the same issue as mine. On the tip of each pinky finger and about 2/3 down right side of each ring finer, there appears to be some exposed kevlar at the seams. Are yours constructed in the same way?

Thanks.

Paul

#28 ·
Bacchus,

I just received my pair of Titans. I'm very impressed with the level of protection, but am curious if your pair has the same issue as mine. On the tip of each pinky finger and about 2/3 down right side of each ring finer, there appears to be some exposed kevlar at the seams. Are yours constructed in the same way?

Thanks.

Paul
Isn't that a wiper?

Ray

#32 ·
Not sure which photo you are referring to (can you post the message # as opposed to the date?). Or maybe just include the link?

Since the gloves are lined with kevlar, I would guess it might be because they want to ensure the kevlar is fully sandwiched between the leather and that the stitching has plenty of grip to hold it.

That's just a guess.

If you can post a close up photo of your gloves, that might be more helpful.

Ray

#36 · (Edited)
NOPE! SORRY...

i dont see any exposed material of any kind on the pinky finger at all... everything is tickidiboo as far as i can see.. i'll have a closer look at all the fingers just in case..

nothing of the sort as on your pics.. that is clearly bad stitching or even torn... i would have to say you got a bad batch.. but i'll have a closer look anyway...
if i look under the pinky-ring finger bridge at the stitching underneath everything is perfect... nothing cut up or torn... which would expose the kevlar lining..
tips of the fingers... i do not think the kevlar lining showing in the tip of the finger is an issue, it just happened to overlap the leather in that one spot..
the other parts though, clearly look torn... I would contact HELD regarding this immediately!

i'm gonna contact HELD on monday to see what they think about the current fitment and see if i need to go to a size 9.. their instructions on the website seem to contradict themselves abit regarding those like me who are obviosly on the limits of a certain fitment size..

NOTE* i actually just saw one of the stiches which seems kinda loose, i'll have to mention this to my supplier as well..!! thank you for mentioning..
there is nothing exposed but one of the stitches does seem loose... as in it didnt take.. clearly 3 or 4 actual stitches did not take... no biggie, looks like an isolated item, as in it does not
seem to be the case in the rest of the glove.

looking at your pics it looks like its torn.. does look like the kevlar lining as this goes all along the top of the hand right
from the gauntlet to the tips of the fingers.... I do see in your pics that there is a bit of yellow exposed in the actual tip
but again..

all i'm seeing in mine is one stitching which did not take.. it is on the pinky finger, where the black covers which contain the stingray leather
are stitched to the finger itself.. will be sending these gloves back for sure then!!..

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.