Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

My 2000 R1 Project

19K views 148 replies 53 participants last post by  Spyrious 
#1 ·
Here is a pic of my '00 R1. Right now I'm changing it into a naked/streetfighter bike. The bike has swing arm extension, lowered, '03 rear shock and some other goodies. The paint is BMW Interlagos blue.

See less See more
#98 ·
I think it's great, you had an idea and carried it out really well. What's it like to ride?

#100 ·

So I won 2nd place, which is way more than what I expected. The other bikes were mostly the usual stretched, fat tire, chromed out hayabusas, gsxr's and so on. My bike isn't the show type bike, but it's good to see that the judges appreciated the work that was put into the bike

#116 ·
That looks and sounds fantastic. You've done a beautiful job of it. :bow

#118 ·
#120 ·
So I went to the harvest classic bike show this fall and put my bike in the show, they have a class for modern or custom bikes there. The discovery channel was there too, shooting some footage for Jesse James' Outlaw garage.

There is a clip of that episode on Discovery channel. Funny, how of all the bikes there at the harvest classic show, they show my bike the longest on that clip. Jesse James rode his Ducati Desmosidici to the rally. That is a sweet looking and sounding bike

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/outlaw-garage/videos/outlaw-garage-clips-harvest-classic.htm

My bike is at 2min48sec into the clip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.