Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Question About Pro-Bolt TI Gold Nuts

3K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  rorlow 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi peeps!
I'm working on my R1 rear end and I noticed that the OEM sprocket nuts have a piece of metal on the end of it. :dunno:
I'm buying the Pro-bolt TI flanged nut M8 x (1.25mm) gold soon to replace the OEM one ugly shizzet :)
Will this Pro-bolt M8 TI Flanged nut needs to have that metal piece. Or I'm good with this Probolt M8 nut

Pro-bolt M8
http://www.probolt-usa.com/titanium-flanged-nut-m8-x-1-25mm-gold.html
Product Brass Nut Household hardware Metal

Stock shizzet
Nut Grommet Household hardware Auto part Fastener

See less See more
#10 ·
Got it!
i had it messed up. The M8 1.25mm nuts are for the bolts on the rotors :shake
The M10 1.25mm is for the sprocket lugs :shake

shame on me :rant

#4 ·
Pretty sure you need 10mm nuts not 8mm, after torquing to 71 ft.lbs. I doubt they will go anywhere, use blue Loctite if any at all.

#6 ·
Are ALL of the manuals wrong on this ? Pretty sure my '00, '06 and '12 have 71 ft.lbs. in the manuals. Thanks for letting me know ! Guess I've been lucky all these years then, never broke or stripped anything.

#7 ·
i tighted my hollowed front sprocket nut to the oem spec and it snapped had to put my oem one back on and loose the axle slider. they do have them a lil tight. i just snugg them down and give another 1/4 turn now

#9 ·
I was wrong, Yamaha '06 and '09 factory service manuals have 72 ft.lbs. listed ! Any others you know of that are wrong ? Thanks again.

#11 ·
Me and my bike skills :lol

Audio equipment Technology Electronic device Electronics Electronic instrument

Audio equipment Technology Electronic device Electronics

#12 ·
Best ebay skills on the forum! :lol

#15 ·
#21 ·
:confused:

Please tell me those prices are for multiple nuts. Not a single one.

#19 ·
#20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.