Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Riding gear? About what size

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  SPanega SS 
#1 ·
Well i found there is a track about 5 hours from me and next spring Im really wanting to go to the track and ride on a track. But my question is Im wanting to buy some gear Prolly 2nd hand cuz that shits expensive lol but Im wondering about what size i would be, in regular street clothes i wear like a 34 36 waist about 32 length and a xl shirt?

#5 ·
Your best bet is to try some on at a local retailer. Once you try a few on it really takes the guesswork out. Sometimes buying s/h is almost as much as buying new... Best advice I could give you is to hit up Riders Discount for a quote before buying anything :thumbup

#6 ·
A lot of the companies have sizing guides on their website as well, I know for sure Alpinestars does. I ordered mine according to their chart and it fits pretty well.

#11 · (Edited)
sounds like me... you may find not every company makes something for you... i would recommend taking a look at Joe Rocket... they cater to the north american body type {hits gym on a semi regular basis and likes his meat n' potatoes.. :lol} ... i dont fit into anything from Alpinestar or Teknik or even most Dianese gear... so be aware of this...

i wear a 2XL from Joe Rocket {2piece suit}... its very comfortable... and leaves a little room for those crazy lunches me n' the boys do when out canyon carving... :finger

#14 ·
How big is your waist?

I am same 6'2, 210 (95 kg)

My problem is I have a 34" wiast and I am 54 at the chest/shoulders. I wear business suits a lot and never have been able to get any of the rack -always tailor made.

My track suit is 2 piece so I can get a bigger size jacket (still loose around the bottom) and a smaller size pants and zip it up in the middle. Would love to be able to get a suit of the rack but I would be floating in the middle section...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.