Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2007 r1

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  IMSTuner 
#1 ·
Ok I found a 2007 R1 with 15000 miles some nice mods, guy is asking $5500.00 Good deal or not?

#3 ·
Here is a list of aftermarket accessories:
Fender Eliminator
Integrated brake/turn signals
Flush Mount side turn signals
Ducati carbon fiber mirrors with led front signals
Greggs license plate bracket
Racing exhaust baffles
Saddlemans custom gel seats
Heli bar clip ons
HID headlight
Dark smoked bubble shield
Brand new tires

#5 ·
I have a 2001 Suzuki katana 750 now, ive been wanting an r1 for a while, been shopping around for about a month and found this, its a raven edition. KBB for excellent is around 7100. Ive rode a few yamaha's r1 & r6's love the feel of them but the R1 has the best feel for me.

#8 ·
Just ride it around and make sure it shifts smooth and runs okay. Do a very detailed inspection on the outside of the engine and check for leaks. Some 07/08 have had valve problems and you have to pull off the tank and look down the throttle bodies and see if there is any wear or not. Good luck! I just bought an 07 a couple months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#13 ·
Where are you located? I might be selling my 08 and if you are close to MA you might want to take a look.

#15 ·
The best thing you can do is a test drive. I just sold mine. But if i were him you would need to have cash in hand. Other than that check all possible damage to the frame and make sure all electrical is working. Brakes, turns signals, lights, license plate light. Turin it off and on. Let it run awhile see it sounds alright. Rev it. Just stuff i would do and stuff i seen people do to my bike when i sold mine

#18 ·
You should meet him at his house so the bike is cool and you can hear what it sounds like and acts when you start it cold. And feel the block to make sure he didn't start it before you got there. If it's warm, you won't hear as much or anything at all if there are any problems.

#22 ·
Store photos on photobucket.com and use the link they give you for each photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.