Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012 MotoGP 50th Anniversary R1

82K views 351 replies 108 participants last post by  Kevap 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Want to know what number of 2000 members have,mine is #0145 of 2000.I live near Philly,but bought in West Va. Please post up your numbers here,and base price you paid ,I got mine for $12,995 before extended warranty and tax and tags.And where you live to get an idea of how spread out they all are,Thanks. Kurt J.

http://g.co/maps/496p5

#208 ·
Hi,

I will be taking off all the OEM parts and storing them if I ever want to change back, at this stage I can't see that happening. I bought a raw set of plastics off eBay and then I bought a damaged tank for $150 and fixed that up. I bought the decal set from a very helpful guy named Brad who works at www.MRCycles.com, Asheville, NC. I wanted to try and keep the OEM look with the carbon fibre and other decals. We use Glasurit paint at our body shop so I was able to find the colour mix on our system. The white pearl is off the 50th anniversary and the blue is from the 2009 Yamaha R1 which is a 4 layer process. We painted the white pearl first then clear coated that then lay down the blue pearl and stickers, the final clear coat is a ceramic one which should give better scratch resistance. As soon as it's done I will post the pics up on here.

#218 ·
That came out REALLY NICE! I still feel Yamaha should have made this as an option!
Mike

#220 ·
I've got #18 here in Miami,fl. Drove up to Naples to pick it up for the best price. Paid $12,000 + warranty & tax. I believe the purchase date was December 2011. Absolutely love the bike and the paint scheme.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#221 ·
Thanks mvera, 12k wow ! Good job!

#223 ·
Just wanted to say how much I love this thread. I love the 50th WGP bike and I love seeing all the photos of everyone's rides. I am totally jealous. Also, the google maps idea was pretty sweet. It is nice to see where all the bike are all over the world. Good stuff!

#226 ·
That my friend is NICE!!!!
Mike

#230 ·
Finally got my solo cowl in... :thumbup

Also finally got my steering nut in. I need to either put a bit of paint in the two holes where the bolts secured the OEM clipons or find some small plugs to fill them up:

Next big things to do are a flash, rear ohlins, and MDI is working on a fullsized carbon belly pan that I'll pick up once it's available. :yesnod

#231 ·
Finally got my solo cowl in... :thumbup

Hi, is that the factory seat cowl?

Also finally got my steering nut in. I need to either put a bit of paint in the two holes where the bolts secured the OEM clipons or find some small plugs to fill them up:

Next big things to do are a flash, rear ohlins, and MDI is working on a fullsized carbon belly pan that I'll pick up once it's available. :yesnod
Lookin great mate

#235 ·
Finally got my Yamaha factory cowl in from MR Cycle , looks much better now!

#238 ·
In 4 days (11/25) I will have had my '12 WGP for a year, so far about $4k in mods. I always had mostly stock bikes, my '06 was still stock and 5 yrs old when I joined the forum. I love the look and quality built in to almost all "race parts", Ti bolts are the current addiction. I like the looks of the stock '12 forks, probably just get a cartridge kit and a TTX rear (eventually), instead of complete R/T forks. Anyone have experience with Ohlins or others "drop in" cartridge kits? Can't stop thinking about what to get next, and when :(

#241 ·
Thanks dochudson, well its been a yr. today since I picked up mine, and I still can't stop looking at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.