Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Lets see your garages. Need some ideas.

8K views 78 replies 36 participants last post by  deecarp1 
#1 ·
Just bought my first house with a garage. We close on December 17 and we will spend the first week painting and getting things moved in.

My plans for the garage so far is white epoxy paint for the floor and new white paint for the walls with better lighting as well. I got a good deal on some blackfriday steel shelves at Lowes. I have my tool box and some other stuff that will be going in as well as a couple banners that will be going up but other than that, I'm not really sure what I want done.

The white floor comes from working in aircraft hangers. I love the clean bright look and if you drop anything it's pretty easy to find on a solid white floor.

So any of you guys get a chance to build your man cave garage? What would you have in yours? What have you done to make the garage yours?

#8 ·
If the garage has just the standard light sockets, you can pick up some 300W equivalent CFL's (about $15-20/ea). I had about seven of them in my garage for a while.

#10 ·
I was planning on running fluorescent lights in my garage as well. Mine is a 2 car so not sure how many I need right now. I will get in the attic and run some wire and a seperate switch by the door.

#14 ·
#25 ·
Fark..I haven't heard from Mike for AGES! I hope he's well. :thumbup

My offering....

The concrete slab was already there, even though the council refused to admit its existence! I welded up the framework from leftover C section at work. Paid for the cladding and 2nd hand roller door and lights, and got the windows, door, and pallet racking for free from demolition jobs. No fancy floor paint, but it cost me Au$1600 all up. :flex:

#26 ·
Anybody remember this :dunno These are proper garages :fact

http://www.luxury4play.com/automotive/36568-worlds-most-beautiful-garages-exotics-insane-garage-picture-thread-50-pics.html?source=9593&_$ja=tsid:11853|prd:85386

#29 ·
Yep. Far too rich for my broke ass. I can appreciate it. But, damn, I don't want to think of how much money was spent on that. :eek:

What's with the curved walls? I thought hobbits lived in NZ? :lol
:lol

Ben's got a very nice setup. I have to admit that if I move into another house, the garage is going to have skylights. IMO, it makes a huge difference in lighting and most days, that's all that's needed. I'm not one to have my garage door open for others to see in it.

#70 ·
Wow is all I can say Derrick! :thumbup I just read through your thread on garagejounal.com and that is truly an amazing transformation brotha! :fact Great job, loved seeing what you did with it. :yesnod

#45 · (Edited)
Well, I never really updated mine. It's not much at the moment but its getting there. Still have some stuff I need to do like lights and epoxy floor but all in due time.

My free Harbor Freight 12 ton press in the back there. It's been a life saver.

Here is the Quincy compressor I built. Only thing I had to buy was the pump and plumbing. Everything my dad gave me. Still working on getting everything painted and I'm looking to get a new Quincy decal for the tank to top it off.

Started off a little ugly

Here is a 6" vice I picked up at auction. I plan to pull it apart and repaint it. It's been at my dads shop and just now got around to bringing over along with my creeper.

#52 ·
We just moved last month. The attached garage is 4.5 but I won't have much of my stuff in there. This is my project 40x60:

Right now there is no power or anything, not even a concrete floor. By fall I will have power water and gas out there and hopefully a gravel drive. If the prices come in OK I'll also have concrete in the garage. Then I get to finish off the inside

#53 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.