Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

How can I prevent my face shield from fogging up??

3K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  todaysfool 
#1 ·
I know this is probably a stupid question, but I just started riding (98 yzf600) and I can't keep my face shield from fogging up. I have tried venting all the vents and that does not help. I have the hjc cl-14.

Any suggestions would be great.

Jason

#2 ·
Did you try any of the liquid wipe on FOG PROOF type of stuff?

You can get it from your local bike dealer or hardware stores for glasses and goggles.

The better helmets have an 'anti-fog' 'de-ice' position on their face shield that actually works.

(Or move to sunny Arizona)

#4 ·
Stop breathing.
Sorry, to easy

#6 ·
There is a very easy way. I gaurantee it will work 100% better than anything you try. ANYTHING!!!

What you have to do it take your visor off.

Pour 2 tear drops of shampoo or any other kind of liquid soap.

Rub it straight in. No water just bring it too a lather.

Rub in and wipe of with hand towel.

Thats it! I use it for my hockey visor and my helmets.

It's cheap and it works better than anything!!

#7 ·
#10 ·
My old HJC CL-12 fogged up very bad all the time. I think the way the sheilds made is part of the problem. My blue spectra sheild
on my Shoei is not near as bad when nothing is used on either
one of them. Any anti fog solution will help out. Check a dive shop
it's pretty cheap there. I also keep a coat of Plexuis on the visor
as it helps to bead off the water if it forms. In heavy fog I just
turn my head from side to side while riding and the water just
rolls off.

#11 ·
Ride in warmer weather:finger

#13 ·
R1Budha said:
RAin-X Anti-Fog.
Can be found at any auto parts store.

Or Fog City Fog Shied, sticker applied to the inside of the shield.
Welcome to the forum, lots of good info hear as you can see, :lol

this Anti fog works great like budha said

#15 ·
FOG CITY

NOTHING EVEN COMES CLOSE, i've tired everything, fog city is amazing

#19 ·
i would get a friend with you, and then breathe really hard and fast for 20 secs., and then have you friend cut iff your air ways still you start passing out...it probably wont cure your shield fogging up, but it's real funny to watdh people do that!!:thumbup

#20 ·
chiefs1313 said:
I know this is probably a stupid question, but I just started riding (98 yzf600) and I can't keep my face shield from fogging up. I have tried venting all the vents and that does not help. I have the hjc cl-14.

Any suggestions would be great.

Jason
Respro Foggy insert, have used them since they were released, I highly recomend them. They attach with velcro inside helmet in chin/nose area & block breath from fogging shield. I swear by them in spring/fall here in Michigan 30 degree mornings :thumbup

Product Info:

Respro® usually known for its anti pollution masks and scarves are again leading the way forward with their latest innovation, The Foggy® Mask. As you know, visor fogging is a major problem for all bikers and pillion riders - it would be good for car drivers too - if they could see in the first place!

Respro® have come up with a uniquely practical concept that's 99.9% effective and is superb value for money. It works with full face crash helmets, is easily fitted and once in place, never has to be removed except for the occasional machine wash. It requires no maintenance, none at all!. You simply fit it and forget it. If you are still lifting up your visor whilst stationary at traffic lights, then get a Foggy® mask.

Attachments

#21 · (Edited)
Installed in helmet-

IMO they are the best, hands down over anti-fog treatments, and better than stick on shield inserts. I've tried them all & the "foggy" is the one thats stayed in my helmets the last 3 seasons :thumbup

These have been used in BSB (Chris Walker) for years, so don't just take my advice :yesnod

Respro linky: http://www.respro.com/home.php

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.