Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Anyone have MIVV exhaust?

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  graphitegripper 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone on here has MIVV exhaust and what kind they have. I have been looking into getting new exhaust but not sure what. I saw the MIVV exhaust and it looks pretty good but not sure about the quality of it. Any input would be great.

#2 ·
I have Them on my Duc but still running the stock cans on the r1, But from the quality I haven't seen anything break or shoddy workmanship from them myself. They are loud as hell with the baffles out and sound very throaty/aggressive- the one thing I can comment on is that the "removable" baffles took a hammer and a Drift to knock out after I removed the C-clip that holds them in. I'm planning on Akro's for the R-1 when I get the funds.

#3 ·
Awesome, thanks for the info. I was looking at the MIVV X-Cone because it doesn't look so fat and bulky. On the other hand, I don't like the 'tapered' look of the x-cone's and how they go from small to big. Who knows... I am glad to hear that MIVV's at least sound pretty good.

#4 ·
My brother has MIVV on his Monster 600 and they are good quality exhausts. Our company has access to MIVV but sometimes it could take a few weeks to special order. One of the things to consider is replacement parts when you are purchasing a high-end exhaust. In my opinion Arrow, Akrapovic, Yoshimura offer excellent after sales customer service & attention to detail but MIVV are great sounding/looking pipes. You should be able to get replacement parts in case you need but might wait a little longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.