Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2013 R1 Memorial Trackday

60K views 1K replies 58 participants last post by  LossPrev 
#1 ·
DanQ as been working with CMP to secure us a date for next year. Most likley it will be the same weekend as last, Easter Weekend. I know a bunch of you have been wanted something closer for the northern guys/gals coming down. So here you go!!!!! I would hope that our Florida riders would make the drive up. I do not have any prices yet but as soon as the contract is in hand I will let you know.

Feel free to use this as a chat/BS thread.

#150 ·
:lol

Speak for yourself, Frank. I've got the capability to go fast. But, I'm going to be like molasses in January. :crash

#152 ·
I don't want to hear of anyone being sad; this has been such a shaitty year for me I rode about 80 miles since Jennings do to the lack of time. I can't wait for this shait to happen!

#153 ·
Let's get a little country on and start comparing notes over a few beers. Nah, better not. Don't need anyone hanging themselves over my story. :lol

#155 ·
No truer words spoken. :fact

#157 ·
I need some track speed to get me over this election.

#160 ·
:lol i bet, i put about 400 the day i took that picture....people should know better than to leave targets at the range :hammer:

#195 ·
If I come my woman will bring the new to us Canon DSLR!!! :thumbup

I think she helped you out two years ago Pam. Awesome you are going to Scotland. A bit jealous of that trip. Say hi to the Old One for me! Hope you guys are well!

#171 ·
Lol

#174 ·
I am soooooooo ready for this trackday... i sat on my bike last night making noises and leaning for about an hour...... sober:fact

#175 ·
Yesterday I sat in the living room playing SBK on the ps3, in full leathers and helmet.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#177 ·
Sadly I have been there myself.

#178 ·
Alright guys and gals lets start sending that money in. Only a few have paid thus far and we have less than a month to go. Some of you have sent me Pm's and I thank you for that.

#180 ·
#182 ·
Just a quick update. DanQ and I just went over the contract. Long story short its right at $15000 for the weekend. We would need 58 paid riders just to break even. I think we have 27 signed up. In the next two days Dan and I will make the call to cancel this or go forward. If we move forward with it we are commited and people lose money if we cannot cover the track rental. ie: we come up short of money. As it stands right now I can refund everyone's money. I hope to let everyone know something by this weekend.

#183 ·
#185 ·
Have you opened it up to other riders, Scott? Meaning, off the forum. I'm curious if there would be a large contingent of riders willing to come down from MN like they did for Barber?

Sadly, I'm out due to engine issues piled on top of other events. But, I'm willing to pay for at least one day if it'll help. :fact

#186 ·
Yes the track is more expensive and only to a certain extent have things been opened up outside the Forum. A real push is going to occur over the next few days but like Scott and Dan said, there isn't really a choice if we don't get the money in and or commitments :(

#187 ·
I don't think Scott was trying to cause any panic or anything. As he said; this is doable with the crowds we have seen in the past. But because it's a few bucks more than we have done in the past, and the deposits are an "all in" type bet (no refunds), we need to know that people are going to do this. And of course, we need some more participation before we can proceed with putting money into this.

On the bright side, this track does not do this type of rental. They have heard of us, and the reputation we have for a good, clean track day. And that reputation comes from the people attending this event, more than the staff putting it together. So I thank everyone who has committed, attended in the past, and who will join us for the first time. Now let's get some more folks signed up and put another track day in the books! Once we have this one down, we will be welcome to do others, and that is a HUGE statement on all of us. We have been trying to negotiate with CMP for a couple of years, and we've gone from "we don't do that" to "we've heard or you guys" to "we are definitely willing to try this out."

Let's do this, people. I know there are more people wanting to go, let's get them signed up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.