Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

As promised, CoreMoto Full Review, Lots of Pics

6K views 41 replies 19 participants last post by  JDollaz 
#1 · (Edited)
As stated in the other thread i ordered coremoto ss lines. In the other thread there was some things said questioning the integrity of coremoto as a company. Here is my experience:

I called to order on a Monday and spoke with a very friendly, knowledgeable person. On the same day I received a receipt via email and that same Friday I received my lines in Maine, made to order shipped from FL. I also found coremoto had the largest selection of colors. Not only the lines, but also the banjos, the tags, the color of logo on the tag, and they also offered a nice sleeve option for people who want no stainless crimp fitting shown. I choose this option which was GREAT, as I wanted all black and white. Silver would have thrown it all off.

The lines arrived in a nice package which was in a box with plenty of packing materials. Along with instructions, and 4 nice coremoto decals the lines also came labeled for fitment.

Installation was a breeze, and I liked the fact that even though they are in a fixed position all the coremoto tags come out facing the way they should once installed. The white really looks sharp in person, pics dont do justice. They lined right up and I had no trouble AT ALL with kinks, or getting them routed correctly. They were the perfect length as well.

Performance: I installed using ebc hh pads in front and carbone lorraine rx in rear along with Motul 600. All from motomummy. The difference in braking was UNREAL. I was used to the stock pads and lines so I actually had to use some caution at first when getting onto them hard. They have much more stopping power now, with ALOT less input. Im not sure about the weight of these lines, but Im not a GP racer anyway. From what Ive seen the difference is so minimal between line brands it hardly matters unless your racing at a top level.

All said I could not be happier with the lines. The fit and finish is A1, and although Im sure other manufactures make excellent lines. I dont see how they could possibly be any better. The price was the best I have seen, and like I said before the options available are the best available. Not to mention the are all made in the USA. That to me is worth something. Hope you enjoy the pictures, and please keep coremoto in mind if looking at lines. As far as Im concerned people would be crazy to spend more, when they offer these at a great price. That means something too, cause believe me, I've never been afraid to spend money :lol

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
looks good lobsta!:rock

#6 · (Edited)
I routed them exactly the same as the factory lines were routed. Up thru that bracket made for them and right into master. Ill post some close ups tomorrow to give you a.better view. If you think that's wrong then its possible the previous owner routed them differently during a brake job or something. Ill look into it, thanks for heads up

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
How convenient, I was just about to order a set myself.

Props to their site manager. The website is clean, organized, and very catchy. Hopefully the parts will match the integrity of the site.

#13 ·
Lobster you may have just sold me. my lines i have now are tearing and i lost braking after the install. thinking ill switch to something with alittle more credit than the lines i scored off ebay for a way too cheap price. great review on a hopefully just as great for me product

#15 ·
I can vouch for these lines as well I have the rear red lines with silver fittings on my 05, I have had them on for over 1200 miles and I have seen no leakage, no discoloration in the lines, and no foul play of any sort. From what I remember from a past thread the owner makes the lines himself, so you are buying directly from the manufacturer. I will try to get some pics up in the morning if I can remember.

#18 ·
So I got my lines. Basically my review Ian. Go buy a set right now. If your jot running core moto lines, your am idiot. That's Alrighty I need to say as to how satisfied I am with these. You will NOT be let down with these lines. I will always buy these when I need lines for another bike. Also lifetime warranty.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

#33 ·
Thank you for the positive words, if you want that rear line shortened and the bend angle changed, let me know. Those rear sets really changed the dynamic of how the line fit. I could make a custom fit for you at no charge. Just shipping

By the way if anyone has custom hardware (rear sets, masters, calipers...other mods), you don't have to order a stock line. I'm more than happy to make lines to your spec at no additional charge.

#20 ·
Ev!
That's a fake öhlins rear shock :lol

#22 ·
#23 ·
Those are all still a lot more than the 50 cent sticker Ben :lol Just wait till November 2nd. Less than a month away and you can start spending my money like its going out of style :fact I have to wait till then tho because I get paid once every 6 months and my "play around money" is getting limited

#24 ·
#28 ·
A set of these are definitely on my to buy list. I just wish they offered the tags in black with white lettering or white with black lettering. I know, picky...:(

On a side note, has anyone got these with the natural stainless banjo fittings? I'm wondering if they are indeed polished like they are advertised? The pics on the web-site don't appear to have a polished finish..

Thanks,
-John

#31 ·
Thanks for the reviews

I don't get much time to get on the forums these days, sorry I haven't seen this yet. Lobster, thank you for the honest review, although i knew an order and a review was coming from you, I'm glad you didn't tell me who you were when you ordered. This makes for better reviews. I can't really talk about my product on here until I get ahold of shane and set up a vendor account. So I just want to say thank you to all that support us and feel free to call with questions.

#42 ·
Cool review Bike looks good too.

I don't get much time to get on the forums these days, sorry I haven't seen this yet. Lobster, thank you for the honest review, although i knew an order and a review was coming from you, I'm glad you didn't tell me who you were when you ordered. This makes for better reviews. I can't really talk about my product on here until I get ahold of shane and set up a vendor account. So I just want to say thank you to all that support us and feel free to call with questions.
Maybe this will help you can just sign right up.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/register.php

Nice lines btw will be looking into them in near future.
:)

#35 ·
+1 for Core MOTO lines... got a full set on my 08 gsxr1000... they even made the rear line longer for me... cause all of my play things are long:sneaky

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.