Official Phantom Squadron Jibber Jabber Thread v.3

941K views 14K replies 90 participants last post by  Kevap 
#1 ·

See less See more
#7,001 ·
Check this out....

My package went back in time....

DFW Airport, TX, United States....... 10/31/2012 9:44 P.M. Departure Scan
................................................. 10/31/2012 8:57 P.M. Origin Scan
Laurel, MD, United States............... 05/15/2012 9:42 A.M. Delivered
United States .............................. 10/31/2012 8:58 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

#7,003 ·
Like I said....10ft paint job and I am happy...after all it is no "my humble entry"..:p:crash

#7,005 ·
I know where you are coming from....I have refinished furniture, where I have worked through 400-then a number of steel wool grades, and it looks like you can sink a finger into it. It is more a time thing with this.

I am also working on s few job apps that are due in the same time frame as the Barber trip. And again it is my first attempt at this, and they are 300$ track body work...as long as they look reasonable for the photo guy I am happy...:lol

#7,007 ·
:fact....why do you think I posted it...:lol

#7,015 ·
:hammer:

#7,016 ·
so is barber the last of the season? i hope it is because its killing me not being able to go.. and after watching the GP and talking with smalltrack all weekend about track days i cannot wait till next season:fact

#7,018 ·
IIRC, aside from Jennings and some in the SW, most tracks are closed now until late Feb or early April. Weather as well as their maintenance season. I know BIR is being repaved. Or, at least parts of it are.

#7,043 ·
WOW!!!!!!! IU beat Iowa....WOW! How bout that....:rock

#7,055 ·
Got the black on all the parts today. Now it has to dry so I can peel all the masks off it and shoot some clear over everything. I ended up forgoing the metallic clear, just to simplify things....

Time for some lunch...:corn....:hammer:

#7,058 ·
No worries... I took them off as soon as I could, with out leaving finger prints anyway...

After 4 coats of clear I am done, whatever it is it is. It is plenty good enough to go to Barber :hammer:

I think it will work...even though there are plenty of mistakes in the paint, I am pretty happy with it seeing how it is my first attempt...:dunno

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.