Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Speed maybe changing names and formats

977 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  ryanp77 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I feel bad for you guys stuck with that pos channel, guess not even 24/7 coverage of nascar could save them :lol

#4 ·
"SPEED" when it first came on the air as "Speedvision" was awesome. Anyone remember the psycho-cop commercials? OMG! some of them were great. And they had "two wheel Tuesday" where for 24 hours each week they showed only motorcycle stuff. I loved that channel!

Then they became more main stream.

Then they changed their name to SPEED.

Then they had "Wind Tunnel" with Dave Despain, and a listener asked what happened to "two wheel Tuesday", and Dave called his wind bag 1 hours show on Tuesday "Two Wheel Tuesday", and responded to the listener in a very demeaning and inappropriate manner that this show was "two wheel Tuesday" and the listener was obviously clueless. I decided Dave was a self absorbed clueless wind bag ass hole, and now turn the channel when ever his pathetic self appears. What a first rate ass hole. Did I mention I think Dave Despain is a ass hole? It deserves staing at least 1,000,000 more times. Dave Despain is a clueless ass hole X 1,000,000.

And from there it has been all down hill (to me, I understand others feel differently). Seems on it's way to be the 24 hour NASCAR channel, which is fine, but it's not at all what it used to be; nor something I want to watch (but if you do that's cool).

#9 ·
I do remember Speedvision and Two Wheel Tuesday, and that was when it was at its best. I am not fan of how they treat motorcycle racing and motorcycle programs in general. I know its become Nascar tv but I still think it sucks that they may do away with AMA mortorcycle racing.AMA needs as much help as it can get right now and the potential of it not being on the won't help

#8 ·
Hopefully the 24 hour NASCAR channel doesn't keep AMA or motorcycle racing coverage. I would rather see it go to a network that wants to air the races with real commentary and network support. Instead "Speed" will preempt live racing and show 5 year old reruns of some bald dick head (who can't ride) dropping his arms. Only to show the race at 3:00AM. Can't set the DVR from the channel guide because I end up with 2 hours or post race NASCAR coverage. Really....Post race coverage of NASCAR races aired on another network. Then then post race motorcycle coverage, about 1 minute for all three riders that finish on the box.

It has to be better on another network.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.