Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Graves Link 3/4, PCV & Tuning?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Noblezzy 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I've got a 2011 R1, just ordered the new Graves link 3/4 system, PCV and a BMC race filter. Couple of questions... Do I need a secondary fuel module? The PCV comes with the grave map, should I still get it dyno tuned? What do you guys think of the dyno jet auto tune module? Where I live there aren't many reputable places to get the bike tuned!

Appreciate your feedback!
Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#2 ·
I wouldn't bother with a dyno tune unless you have a super good dyno place near you. The Graves map is very very good right out of the box though.

You don't need the secondary fuel module and if you do the standard map Graves provides won't work so then you would need a dyno tune or use the auto tuner.

I would use it as it is and see what you think and then get the auto tuner or a dyno tune if you have issues, but I highly doubt you will.

#6 ·
ride it 1st.. but I would recommend an auto-tune to fine tune said graves map for your
riding area... start with small adjustments @ 15%, and work up to 5%, two or three 2-hour rides should do the trick..

#7 ·
Thought I would give you an update on the bike. I ended up buying the pc5, SFM and quick shifter. Instead of going down the auto-tune path I had it tuned by a very good tuner approx 2hrs away! Let me just say it was hands down the best money I have ever spent! The difference between the graves map and now is night and day!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.