Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

The 'Smokn' Aces' Squadron Membership Thread

35K views 264 replies 60 participants last post by  One-ops 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all -
With spring around the corner it's time to rejuvenate this squadron. For the CO people, word from the mods is that CO will break off of the Dragon Squadron and be solely in Zero instead of both, which gives us a home if we want it (other than a really long AnyTopic thread in local events). I'd bet the same is true for Utah, but not sure? They have the same problem, Dragon or Zero.

DanQ said he'd sticky a thread for us to record membership and help restart the Zero squadron. Don't know that we need officers (unless you want to be one) or patches or secret handshakes at this point, but it would be cool to see who's in the area and wants to get together for rides n trackdays n such.

For those familiar with the Dragons, let's use the same format:
#. Screen name
Name
Bike(s)
City

Copy and paste the list into your reply, so the last post in the thread is always the latest complete list. Please don't post your email or phone number for the sake of your own privacy.

Take it easy-
adam
:fork

See less See more
#5 ·
Utah will be part of this squadron. I see you guys are already getting this up and running. Good job guys. We're all going to miss you in Dragon.

#7 ·
1. Sregor
Adam
03 silver R1, 05 DL650
Colorado Springs, CO

2. fastred04R1
Nic
04 Red R1
Loveland, CO

14. Mr.Extreme
Lee
99 R1
Byers, CO

#8 ·
1. Sregor
Adam
03 silver R1, 05 DL650
Colorado Springs, CO

2. fastred04R1
Nic
04 Red R1
Loveland, CO

14. Mr.Extreme
Lee
99 R1
Byers, CO[/QUOTE]

4. Leez01FZ1
Lee Mooney
03 R1(sold)
01 FZ1
Colorado Springs, CO

#9 ·
1. Sregor
Adam
03 silver R1, 05 DL650
Colorado Springs, CO

2. fastred04R1
Nic
04 Red R1
Loveland, CO

14. Mr.Extreme
Lee
99 R1
Byers, CO[/quote]

4. Leez01FZ1
Lee Mooney
03 R1(sold)
01 FZ1
Colorado Springs, CO

5. SpeedFreek
Blake
02 R1
Parker, CO

#10 ·
1. Sregor
Adam
03 silver R1, 05 DL650
Colorado Springs, CO

2. fastred04R1
Nic
04 Red R1
Loveland, CO

3. Mr.Extreme
Lee
99 R1
Byers, CO[/quote]

4. Leez01FZ1
Lee Mooney
03 R1(sold)
01 FZ1
Colorado Springs, CO

5. SpeedFreek
Blake
02 R1
Parker, CO

#11 ·
1. Sregor
Adam
03 silver R1, 05 DL650
Colorado Springs, CO

2. fastred04R1
Nic
04 Red R1
Loveland, CO

3. Mr.Extreme
Lee
99 R1
Byers, CO[/quote]

4. Leez01FZ1
Lee Mooney
03 R1(sold)
01 FZ1
Colorado Springs, CO

5. SpeedFreek
Blake
02 R1
Parker, CO

Nossliw
Nik
A couple bikes
Denver, CO

#12 ·
1. Sregor
Adam
03 silver R1, 05 DL650
Colorado Springs, CO

2. fastred04R1
Nic
04 Red R1
Loveland, CO

3. Mr.Extreme
Lee
99 R1
Byers, CO

4. Leez01FZ1
Lee Mooney
03 R1(sold)
01 FZ1
Colorado Springs, CO

5. SpeedFreek
Blake
02 R1
Parker, CO

6. Nossliw
Nik
A couple bikes
Denver, CO

#13 ·
1. Sregor
Adam
03 silver R1, 05 DL650
Colorado Springs, CO

2. fastred04R1
Nic
04 Red R1
Loveland, CO

3. Mr.Extreme
Lee
99 R1
Byers, CO[/quote]

4. Leez01FZ1
Lee Mooney
03 R1(sold)
01 FZ1
Colorado Springs, CO

5. SpeedFreek
Blake
02 R1
Parker, CO

Nossliw
Nik
A couple bikes
Denver, CO

7. Rossi1
Mike
04 ZX6
Colorado Springs, CO

#14 ·
1. Sregor
Adam
03 silver R1, 05 DL650
Colorado Springs, CO

2. fastred04R1
Nic
04 Red R1
Loveland, CO

3. Mr.Extreme
Lee
99 R1
Byers, CO[/quote]

4. Leez01FZ1
Lee Mooney
03 R1(sold)
01 FZ1
Colorado Springs, CO

5. SpeedFreek
Blake
02 R1
Parker, CO

6. Nossliw
Nik
A couple bikes
Denver, CO

7. Rossi1
Mike
04 ZX6
Colorado Springs, CO

#15 ·
not bad 7 peeps in one night.

#16 ·
Seemed like there was more than that just on the old CO thread.

#17 ·
There is a little bit of confusion going on, which hopefully I can clear up. The squadrons have been around for several years, although in recent years they have been a little neglected. Every year for the past many years there is a Convention of R1-Forum and R6-Forum, and more recently, anyone who wants to attend the event at Deals Gap on the NC/TN border. That's great if you are near by. But what if you aren't? There are phenomenal places to go, hang out, ride, etc all over the country. The squadrons have taken the country and broke it down by region. This can allow everyone to have a region, and plan things to do within that region. Planning starts with communication and coordination, so here we are.

There are also some long running local threads intended for the people in that local area. Miami has one, Colorado has another, and NC has a localized for the coastal area (where I live).

Now, there are local things that everyone does (BBQs, Bike Nights, etc) that are, and will continue to be listed in those threads. However, when I post that I'm going to Hooters in Jacksonville NC, it is intended for those folks in the local area. I don't expect that an outpouring of people from Jacksonville FL will be attending, even though they are Venom Squadron (which Jacksonville NC is part of). So they probably aren't interested. I post that in NC riders, sup (the thread we've had running for a couple years). If I am going with a group of people to the motorcycle races in Homestead Miami, I would look towards Venom Squadron and meet up with them hopefully. And seeing as we've been communicating and becoming friends all along through the squadron Forum, we stand a good chance of meeting, hanging out etc.

This specific squadron is not intended to take away ANYTHING from the Colorado riders thread. It is for the area of Idaho, Colorado, Montana, and Utah. Collectively. Get to know one another, plan to try to meet, share the events taking place close to you that may be worth attending. Have fun. And the tone and focus is set by the CO you elect. Rules that apply everywhere else on this Forum exist here, but the content is run primarily by the CO and the officers chosen to assist in organization.

The Colorado Thread, NC Thread, Miami Thread and all other local meeting and event efforts continue to live on. The squadron just allows you to look a little broader and be a part of what else is nearby.

And most of all, it's another way to interact, meet people, do motorcycle things and have fun! :thumbup

I hope this clarifies some. If not, please let me know.

#18 ·
:thumbup....understandable

#20 ·
1. Sregor
Adam
03 silver R1, 05 DL650
Colorado Springs, CO

2. fastred04R1
Nic
04 Red R1
Loveland, CO

3. Mr.Extreme
Lee
99 R1
Byers, CO[/quote]

4. Leez01FZ1
Lee Mooney
03 R1(sold)
01 FZ1
Colorado Springs, CO

5. SpeedFreek
Blake
02 R1
Parker, CO

6. Nossliw
Nik
A couple bikes
Denver, CO

7. Rossi1
Mike
04 ZX6
Colorado Springs, CO

8. Brennahm
Henry
05 Raven R1, 73 RD350
Aurora, CO

#22 ·
Thanks for the Hello! Seems like a good group on here. We had a local club where I'm from but I've been too busy the last couple months to participate and the riding had been sort of disregarded so I'm looking forward to getting going out there.

#23 ·
Welcome! glad you found this thread... CO is not florida for bike night meets, but we have some of the best roads I believe in the US to ride.... small group as of now but there are a bunch of large track groups that get together now and then to go out.....

#24 ·
I'm not a fan of the whole bike night scene...to many ripped jeans and enlarged egos. We used to have a pretty good group that was regular on rides but that hasn't happened in a while and that's what I really want to do, piling up 300-400 mile weekends is more my thing.

#25 ·
good to hear... there will be plenty of long rides coming up...I'm right there with yah on the long ones...just went from Denver to Dallas on the bike with a large duffle on my back for work... 7xx miles straight....then had to have it towed home by a fellow co worker coming back due to the snow

#27 ·
I'm going to have to recalibrate my ride mileage a little bit, here in the Sunshine-muggy-as-hell-State we have to ride 50 miles between 2 mile curvy sections. There are NO good roads. After doing the Gap for the first time last spring I'm just jonesing for some canyons, but the long scenic cruises are a lot of fun too.

#28 ·
have not done the gap but I hope to some day....

#29 ·
The gap itself is cool, just super crowded (don't even attempt on a Sat or Sun) and the cops have really stepped up their assholeness the last couple years. Still, we spent 5 days up there and only rode "the Gap" twice, there are just a ton of good roads in that area.

#30 ·
1. Sregor
Adam
03 silver R1, 05 DL650
Colorado Springs, CO

2. fastred04R1
Nic
04 Red R1
Loveland, CO

3. Mr.Extreme
Lee
99 R1
Byers, CO[/quote]

4. Leez01FZ1
Lee Mooney
03 R1(sold)
01 FZ1
Colorado Springs, CO

5. SpeedFreek
Blake
02 R1
Parker, CO

6. Nossliw
Nik
A couple bikes
Denver, CO

7. Rossi1
Mike
04 ZX6
Colorado Springs, CO

8. Brennahm
Henry
05 Raven R1, 73 RD350
Aurora, CO

9. jrstall
Jason
03 R1
colorado springs, co

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.