Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Which One?

Akrapovic "Evolution Line" or "Evolution Line Kit" or "Evolution Line Kit 2" ???

9K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  ejlover 
#1 ·
Akrapovic "Evolution Line" or "Evolution Line Kit" or "Evolution Line Kit 2" ???

Hey,

I've been away for a while because of my Ph.D. dissertation :shake Hopefully in a month all will be over :nopity:

Anyway I'll purchase a full TI Akrapovic exhaust system for my '12 R1. And it would take 3 weeks to arrive as a present for myself :riding

But as I remember everybody here told me that the only difference between Evolution Line Kit and Evolution Line Kit 2 is the link pipes on the headers. But after making a research on the Akrapovich's web site I found that was incorrect.

Only difference , that was told on Akra's web site, between the Kit and Kit 2 is that the Kit 2's headers are in different shape to give some space for a race radiator. That's all. And schematics shows that Evolution Kit has same link pipes as with the Kit 2.

There is an older model called Evolution Line which doesn't have link pipes. So that's why everyone else is confused.

Here are the codes for titanium canned models:
Evolution Line (S-Y10RFT10TL-ZT): No link pipes, older model.
Evolution Line Kit (S-Y10RFT10-ZT/2): With link pipes.
Evolution Line Kit 2 (S-Y10RFT10-ZT/5): With link pipes and race radiator friendly headers.

So after clarifying that I want to ask you this:
If I'm not planning to change my radiator, Is there any advantage Evolution Kit2 has over Evolution Kit? Because it's $700 more expensive :eek:
Dyno charts are also same for all three models.

I'm waiting for your answers to purchase the system ;) Thank you guys :tocoo:

See less See more
#18 ·
i would go with one that gives you room for an add on radiator.. its a nice option to have down the line... as the crossplane likes to get hot, the more power you want out of it down the road, cause we always want more... you'll wish you had the option... its a common issue with these bikes unfortunately.. :dunno

#20 ·
i would go with one that gives you room for an add on radiator.. its a nice option to have down the line... as the crossplane likes to get hot, the more power you want out of it down the road, cause we always want more... you'll wish you had the option... its a common issue with these bikes unfortunately.. :dunno
You're absolutely right but for a cost of a race radiator I can sell the bike and buy a brand new one instead ;( So I'll never upgrade the radiator ;( But I wish they are cheaper because bike gets overheated between two traffic lights in summer ;(

#11 ·
According to definitions on the Akrapovic's web site only the headers are different. They didn't mention anything about the canisters. What is the difference??

Difference to our standard Evolution system:
Headers with crossover
Headers with different Layout for bigger race radiator
Link pipe without fixing points for stock heat shield
Mufflers without db killers
Heat shields on the mufflers are made for racing and you can’t fit stock one

This difference list is same for both Kit and Kit2 except the underlined line. So the Kit2 has a different headers. But Kit and Kit2 has same canisters. But old evo has optional dB killers but these ones doesn't even have an optional dB killers.

That's what Akropovic says. Any difference did you noticed on the canisters?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.