Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

New to the forum

1K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  quick kurt 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the site and was wanting to introduce myself. I go tomorrow to pick up a blue and black 06' R1 with 5700 miles on it, I'm hoping to learn a lot from you guys about the R1 and what vendors have the best prices. I started out on a 04' GSXR 600 and decided to step it up to a R1, I ain't much into the wheelie popping or stuntin', just to respect the R1 and enjoy the ride. I'll try post some pics up tomorrow but for the goodies that the owner has done: hindle exhaust, vortex clip ons, goodridge stainless steel brake lines (front and back), pilot powers 2ct, agv? Levers, power commander and I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. A good cleaning, fresh oil change and small maintenance is the first on my list
I plan to modify and buy different parts to suite my taste. Are there any problems that I should be aware of that the R1 may have or tinkering that I should do?
I was wanting to upgrade the exhaust to the Akrapovic EVOII exhaust, but noticed that most vendors only sell for 07-08? But any suggestions you guys would have would be appreciated.

#6 ·
Welcome aboard man, you picked the best model and colour! :thumbup :flex:

There are no issues with the 06, it's rock solid.

The preferred suppliers of aftermarket kit are Motomummy, Superbike Supply, Hardracing, Sportsbike Track Gear, Superbike Toy Store to name a few.

If they don't list something, send them an email. They might be able to get it.

I got the full Akra system for my 06 from Bayside Performance, but that was in 07.

Good luck. :)

#16 ·

Finally got a few pics up, it's dirty lol. I'm going to take a few more when it gets washed and a new exhaust, the Hindle looks silly.
I am thinking about getting the M4 carbon can with the Ti mid pipe, I didn't notice a cat so I would just get the one without the cat delete, right?
BTW it has Goodridge SS Braided front lines, not back.

#18 ·
Welcome, lots of info here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.