Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

09 R1 Quick Shifter Question

5K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  Stonewall 
#1 ·
I have an 09 that I'm starting to put mods on. Right now I just have Leo slip-ons and I just bought the Ti Graves y-pipe.

I'm looking into either a PC-V or the bazzaz fuel controller to finish the exhaust, but I'm now looking into the quick shifter mod and I'm seeing a ton of stuff.

First off what the best setup? Push or the normal foot lever?

Also what all do I need? I see these PC quick shift modules and then I see these hardware pieces that hook to the shift linkage with a wire connector running off of it?

Feel free to talk to me like I'm ten, I'd rather know exactly what I need rather than saying, "I think that's what I need."

Thanks guys,
Randy

#2 ·
What you are seeing is the module to detect the push or pull, sends a signal to kill the injectors, which then allows the upshift and away you go.

If you are used to standard shift you can stay with that..they make rearsets that allow for gp shift with a standard pull sensor if you change your mind

#5 ·
if you go with flashtune ecu for 150 you can get their QS kit for another 220 (best deal out) 370 for reflash and QS

#8 · (Edited)
Do you have the PC version or the one that connects to the plug top coils? Mine's the latter (Plus YK), albeit installed by my race mechanic. Didn't look like a big job, although it probably would have been had I attempted to do it, heh.

Hadn't seen the RL lite version before though. HM QS's normally are about three to four times that price (mine's listed at about $540 plus VAT). Not listed on their website either: http://www.hmquickshifter.com/products/category.php?id=1

#10 ·
The RL Lite is made by HM for Annitori Distributing here in US. It's identical except it lacks the led display and ability to change kill time by mSec. Instead it gives you the option of three different kill times..short, med, long. Brad at SB Supply said 90% of applications work best at the medium setting. This has been very popular with racers since it came out last year. It's a steal for about $279.

http://www.annitorirl.com/product_detail_1.php

#17 ·
I must say that i'm not much inclined to use flash tune option all considering flash tune bugs..

#24 ·
The zfi-QS is an entire kit, however you can purchase the QS4 and it's a quickshifter that is a standalone unit, meaning it doesn't need any fuel controller to work. So it will work with the Bazzaz ZFI or Powercommander V. It's the same quickshifter as the ZFI-QS as well, but just isn't combined with the fuel controller. That is the quickshifter I would recommend as well. That and Translogic are the smoothest I have ever used and I've pretty much tested them all.

#26 · (Edited)
i would not want to clutchless downshift... i can see it being a total wrecker on the tranny...

according to another forum, it is capable of it, which makes sense i guess since its both a push & pull sensor,...

The sensor may be capable of showing strain either direction, but our bikes need a throttle blip for downshifts, and this does not have throttle blip capability like some of them do.

http://www.flatshifter.com/flat-shifter-blip/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.