Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#4,403 ·
Ok, I did a lil test here.
Started with the stock map in the FT prog, sliders at 0.
I then copied the TPS vs RPM values from the current map I run(R1evo) and in value mode things look great. Switching to percent mode and it really looks fvcked up!

Something must be seriously out of whack

#4,412 ·
The exhaust brand does not really matter....as long as it is a 3/4 system....Check out the FAQ thread....

#4,414 ·
R1 evo, yesterday finally rode for 60 miles up to a pass, your map pull very good, I can finally use 4 and 5th gears... But when I was going down, the high idle, is just pulling the bike a little, and when you turn in a slow turn the bike want to go straight up, I put force idle to 1300rpm but still around 1600rpm specially hot. Thanks for everything, my friends with a Ducati panigale can't catch me animore on a twisty road....

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4,417 ·
im glad it worked for you. we are heading in the right direction now i think we just need to do a few more adjusmtents. I think Tad had a good idea that i will try my self and report back. I am thinking of making a 12 version of what was dyno d by n4speed.

also please send me your auto tune AF logs also so i can see what happend.

#4,416 ·
:thumbup

#4,419 ·
Oh so you mean a low mount. It will be pretty close to use a 3/4 system map.

#4,422 ·
Hi guys.. received the that from the dyno today.. who wants to see an overlay between the stock EU ECU bike and my map and R1Evolution map ??

#4,439 · (Edited)
Hi,

First: red DYNO line is shifted around 800RPM !!!!!!!!!!!!
Second: I set-up our Lax/Marider map (r1evo map is the upgraded part of this HYBRID map and mainly quick throttle and bugs removed). This is the reason why power is not changing because fueling map which I partially using from n4s old map is the same(please check on import map table to make sure that proper map you are using).
Third: Velocity stack open point I set-up at 10500 and this is base on our few rn22 superbikes which were measured (for 9500, 10000, 10300, 10500 ) RPM

Will be very good if sombody will upgrade my fuel map because is not base on AT. We will get At this week but maybe somebody can make quick adjustment before when we go on dyno with marider.

Also important question:

Who experienced on r1evo or Hybrid map higher IDLE during riding ? Marider has problem with high IDLE RPM around 1800RPM however in my R1 I have 1200RPM

This post has been deleted
#4,442 ·
Sounds good keep me posted..... Somehow between updating to the most recent map software, and changing back from the Peen V3 back to N4sp's map I have this idle lag issue that will drop the idle to around 1200 or below even though I am setting target rpm to 1700. I have ais disabled, us version, default to a, fuel map bias - "TPS vs RPM, etv 20%, F/I 100%

Any ideas?

#4,445 ·
I'v just fineshed a new version of the last map, discard the fuel from the pcv map.. fyi the pcv import function only changes the fuel tps vs rpm.. so lets see how will affect the afr..

saturday i will have more news with the changes in ycct and gas maps..

i hope to retain the end power and up a little the middle range..

#4,452 ·
It will DIRECTLY scale the fuel values outside with the TPS value greater than ~14% using the stock map bias setting. Obviously, for other bias settings this change over point will be different but the effect remains the same. Now since the amount of fuel being input into the engine is being scaled, then the output (AFR) must also be scaled. I am pretty sure you're the only person that did not know this.

#4,447 ·
i cand do that, i have the dyno files and the viewer software.. what two graphs do you wnat? stock and the last map ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.