Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Melbourne Tuners

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  benji0383 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Anybody in Melbourne keen to share their Flashtune interface or know of a tuner who does? Obviously happy to pay for the service.

Just bought a 2012 and wanted to tune for my slip on and y pipe. Doubt ill do any other mods so not really keen on making the full investment.

Thanks

#3 ·
Phil Tainton Racing would be my first port of call. :fact

Address: 500 Stud Road, Wantirna South VICTORIA 3152
Phone: (03) 9801 1287
Fax: (03) 9887 0325
Email: info@ptr.com.au

http://www.ptr.com.au/
Gave them a call - definitely know their stuff but don't have a Flash interface for an R1. Good choice if i was to go a PCV.

I basically just want somebody to flash the ECU to map to support the slip ons and Y pipe and then Dyno run.

Any other suggestions?
thanks

#4 ·
Ok, the only other place I can think of is Balls Performance.
The owner RON "Balls" SOLOMON passed away in 2008, but I'm pretty sure they're still going.

Balls High Performance Motor Cycle Tuning & Crash Repairs
Motor Cycles, Parts & Accessories-Retail - Sunshine, VIC
18 Fourth Ave, Sunshine VIC 3020, Australia
(03) 9364 8993

And here's a link to their site.
http://esvc001061.wic004ty.server-web.com/index1.htm

#7 ·
im thinking of buying the interface myself, im sure we can hook your bike up and have a crack. what slip-on etc do you have, if dynojet have maps for it when can directly import them with flashtune. i have bazzaz afm/tc/qs/fuel units - i removed my pc3, which is neatly sitting ina box at home, dont know of someone who wants one - cheap

#8 ·
im thinking of buying the interface myself, im sure we can hook your bike up and have a crack. what slip-on etc do you have, if dynojet have maps for it when can directly import them with flashtune. i have bazzaz afm/tc/qs/fuel units - i removed my pc3, which is neatly sitting ina box at home, dont know of someone who wants one - cheap
That's very kind but I think the interface is different. I have a 2012 R1. I think I'm gonna o ahead and buy it too. Do Oz people just buy it from the website and wait for it to ship or is there an Aussie reseller ?
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.