Carbon fibre frame !!!

5K views 50 replies 18 participants last post by  djt77 
#1 ·
Where do you get one of these to fit an R1 :boobies:boobies:boobies

See less See more
#2 ·
Dude...that's painted on! Probably even heavier than a stock frame. :lol

#7 ·
Sorry Stevo...you'd better warn me off next time...I'm attracted to posts with carbon in them, like Ian is to yellow! :lol

#12 ·
NOt completely stupid...

Hejira did make several carbon frames as early as mid 80's for Rotax singles I think. And there was a copy of a ZZR600 frame made in carbon to accept a ZXR400 engine, and this was done at a amateur level.

So its possible. The know how is a book away. The materials are easily available from Internetland. Only problem is making it not fall to pieces in the sticky death stylee.

The above picture is best captioned; You can't buy style.

#30 ·
That's a 3M film u dummy :lol

#34 ·
Just carbon fiber the frame alone is more then a cost of a corvette Z06. Not to mention the weave alone would be different so it would be lighter and stronger. If your going to carbon fiber anything and you dont mind spending the money just do your fairings and wind shield.

#50 ·
there is a company in japan who specializing in hydro form carbon dipping. it dosent add any significat weight or mass. and it looks tits, my comp crashed otherwise i would post their website with more details. i cant seem to find it even with google

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.