Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

OK Camera Controlled Traffic lights!

1K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  SmoothyNoButt 
#1 ·
Ok Fcuken camera controlled traffic lights I am damn tired of sitting for a half hour while the other traffic flow changes through over and over and mine stays red! What is the secret to make these bastids see me and change the fcuken light to green?:mad:

#11 ·
You should do what I did,either "blow" the light and pull over to where they are to tell them, or let them pull you over afterwards. If noone on a bike does this (tell the cops) they will never know whats wrong with the sensor as far as bikes are concerned in the area you ride. Most likely they know this, and are saying to each other, I wonder how long this idiot on a bike will wait for the light to change.

#13 ·
You should do what I did,either "blow" the light and pull over to where they are to tell them, or let them pull you over afterwards. If noone on a bike does this (tell the cops) they will never know whats wrong with the sensor as far as bikes are concerned in the area you ride. Most likely they know this, and are saying to each other, I wonder how long this idiot on a bike will wait for the light to change.
More like watch this guy he will get impatient and run this light and we will nail his ass! I know these fcukers! they were not setting there for no reason!

#5 ·
They are controlled by a wire inbedded in the road, if light doesn't change wait 30 seconds then go anyway even if still red. It is considered a malfuntioning light, as the sensor in the ground doesn't recognize you and your bike sitting there. Not enough "metal" (steel/iron) to trigger it, I go through them alot. Even had 2 cops in seperate cars sitting at a parking lot next to the light, I went over to them and told them the light does not change for me while on my bike,they said we know cross safely thats all. Green Light triggering magnets work for some lights, not all.

#9 ·
If it's a camera light, there's probably not a wire in the road so magnets/steel isn't going to do anything. If the camera doesn't pick you up and give you a light, then same thing as the wires not picking you up......malfunctioning light. Just wait for the intersection to clear and proceed carefully. I doubt you get a ticket if you get pulled over, and even if you do I highly doubt the judge will let it stick. Around here, they simply motion you to go....they know what's up.

#12 ·
I thought the same as you do,now I just wait for traffic to be clear and go.

#16 ·
This is actually a good Q. A couple of months ago I came off the freeway thru a ramp and stopped at a set of Red lights. I was stopped there for easily 5 min. Until I realized this light ain't going to fcking chance. So I ran thru red light.
Now it makes sense.

#23 ·
now you did!

#25 ·
Right turn. U-turn (when possible). Right turn. You're on your way. :thumbup

I used this many times in Killeen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.