Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

wrapping frame with vinyl

6K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  mattf 
#1 ·
while i know the right way to do the frame is powder coat it but riding season is almost over and dont want to take everthing apart so my idea and kinda bored so i have some time is vinyl wrap. Anyone ever seen a frame wrapped? and should i go black cf or would the orange cf look cool or be to much thanks for any tips and il post pics when i start

#5 ·
Ya that's what I was thinking as well but u see car hoods wrapped any they have to get fairly warm as well not as hot as a bike but still warm enough to heat te vinyl hell I think up try it it's only 20 bucks and if it holds cool but tired of all the chrome lol

#9 ·
Haha I got the bike for a amazing deal so I can't complain much about it but I can try to remedy it lol I already have talked to drippin wet chis kruzal and he will be doing my decals :) so the frame was thinking black cf but try do have a orange cf as well so idk if the frame goes well may try the outside of swingarm if I have extra just going to order a roll of 4x4

#11 ·
Haha while I respect your opinion have you seen some of the bikes that are wrapped they look amazig unlike some people I don't have 400 bucks to buy cf covers so il do it what ever Way I can lol im a military guy so I'm used to criticism lol so as long as the titles in my name I can color the frame with a sharpie lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.