Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

r1 2008 $ 1500 budget....

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  lalispeed 
#1 ·
hi , i've just went to a auction looking for a Repsol Honda but ended buying a beautiful 2008 r1 with 4500k with some suspension mods,and full exhaust .I live here in the states but this bike it's going to Argentina where i born, i go to use the bike for some drag races,i've been reading so many posts an this site and i'm more confused than before, i have like 1500 to expend but i don't know what to do before shipping the bike, power commander bazzaz, or what suggestions for more power you guys can recommend me?
thanks a lot!

#3 ·
well no no power commander on it ,rear spring its not original and previous owner says something about graver specs on front ? its a repo bike , i meet the previous owner for two seconds. i go to set up the suspension in argentina i have a good mechanic there , but i need to buy all the parts here.

#4 ·
well then, i would say get a power commander either with or without auto tune. do you have the ability to use a dyno for a custom map in argentina? since you have an 08 you might want to get an ECU unleased. google it. it takes away certain restrictions the bike come with from the company. ecu unleased can also be used to install a custom map with out the use of a fuel management system

getting a fuel management system would be step one. then you can do things like brake lines, clip ons, air filter.

im not sure what graves spec front means.

#5 ·
#6 ·
i did it here and it is 159 on the crank, and yes i can do it in argentina.
the thing is with 1500 bucks what i should got? bazzaz or powr commander and what kinda of quick shifter? i'm not familiar with any of this things.
but. ecu unleashed its something that i can do besides de ignition and power comander?...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.