Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Don't know what i'm doing

1K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  iGoldeneye 
#1 ·
I took my 08R1 completely apart to add some race farings. When I took the the front apart, I have no idea where things go back. Can anyone help? I know where the upper stay goes, but I have no clue where the ohlins damper goes as well as how it connects to the bike since I added some clip-ons

#13 ·
completely agree...I'm just wondering why I'm always late and you end up giving all the good advice :( Maybe I'd like to help out a fellow member every now and then :rant
I'm sorry to steal and spread your advice without you present :( I'll quietly go to my corner and spread my knowledge on the gixxer forum for all to learn :lol

#17 ·
Really ****ing helpful guys, nicely done. :shake

bre9853, the steering damper was connected to the stay and the left clipon from the factory, now you have changed bars you don't have the left mounting point.
What you need is an after market mounting bracket that will clamp round the forks. There are a few options available if you search around, but here's a link to one I know works well, as it's the one I have.

https://www.motomummy.com/index.php...&search_in=all&search_str=Graves+damper+clamp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.