Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

I finally cracked into the 9s with my 11

4K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  07carolinar1 
#1 · (Edited)
After trying for the last 3 months of trying to get into the 9.xxx run i finally done it :yesnod
My bike is a 2011 R1 and current mods are -1 +2 520 conversion, GYTR slipons with a MJS mid pipe, PC5 with custom tune with ignition module and quick shifter and yesterday i went out with the front end strapped and finally got it.
not just once either but ran 5 runs in the 9.9x out of 13 runs

Normally once we run anything under a 10.000 we get kicked off until we get our ANDRA drag racing license but luckily enough i was aloud to keep running.

So now i can finally say ive cracked into the 9s.

Next step is to lower the rear end and hopefully go abit quicker.

See less See more
#3 ·
I know the feeling, great job bud ! Can't wait to take my '12 to the strip.

#4 ·
Pretty good feeling huh! those are some good reaction times too man :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#5 ·
nice eight also bro!

#7 ·
Thanks guys. It was a great feeling to finally get under the 10s mark.

Some how that day I was getting some pretty good reaction times. They ranged from -.002 to .076.
So now I'm in the process of getting of racing license sorted and see how I go at compittion racing.
I'm also going to head back out on Wednesday night and try and improve my times a little bit more

#8 ·
Good

Good job man. Stay on that seat and it will get much better man.

#9 ·
Good job it's also good to see another brissy boy on the forum might even see you out at willowbank

#12 ·
#14 ·
#15 · (Edited)
#16 ·
It appears that the brackets are not on the website as of right now. If I remember right, they were a limited quantity...you might wanna keep checking tho

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#20 · (Edited)
You actually don't need a bracket. Order a schnitz racing strap. Then undo your top brake caliper bolts on each side, and you'll notice the strap doesn't sit flush against the caliper. Grind the strap end on each side of the strap until it sits flush, and it fits perfect :). Then install the bolts into the caliper through the ends of the strap

#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.