Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2013 Memorial Trackday Sign-up!!

19K views 262 replies 48 participants last post by  deadlift 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright guys/gals its time for some fun!!!!!! Here's the deal. Thanks to DanQ's negotiation skills we nailed down CMP for April 27th and 28th.
This will help the northan riders out alittle with the long drive.

Please check the Carolina Motorsports Park site for bike requirements and riders gear that they require.

http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/

The dates are April 27th, 28th. 2013. That's a Saturday/Sunday. We will be doing our own control riding during this event. For those of you that have not done a trackday, or very few trackdays, get ready for some great instruction!

We will have a tire/parts vendor guy there for the weekend. We are still working on the fine details and I will inform you when we get more information. I am planning on having the gate open at 1700 hours on that Friday.

The price for all this fun is $150 a day and $275 for two days. I have to have the balance paid to CMP by Jan. 20th. So the cut off for this will be Jan. 15th!!!!! Please folks I need to stick to this cut off date. I am posting this up as early as I can so people can prepare. Camping is allowed at the track. That is what most folks do but there are local hotels for you all that do not like to camp. Please tell me if your running 1 or both days!!!

Dont worry about this cut off we are still taking riders!!!!!!

Please send the money via paypal to gpd2702000@yahoo.com. Add 4% for paypal fees. Once again the cut off for this is Jan. 15th! Make sure you put your real, screen name and what group you are in in the comments section so we know who you are. If you don't have a paypal account PM me for my address.

Please sign-up in this thread and let me know what group you want to ride in. Novice, intermediate or advanced. We might have to change the groups around some depending on skill levels and the amount of riders in each group. The plan is to ride 20 minute sessions. I would like the cut off to be 25/30 riders per group but we might have to modify this depending on how many people sign up.

As far as safety goes this is a trackday and not a race! The control riders are there for every riders safety and to show the slower,novice riders the race line. If they see you riding unsafe they will pull you in and discuss the situation with you. Please remember that the control riders, corner workers have the final say on this. All of the control riders will be licensed racers or advanced level trackday junkies. In short we have some very talented riders on this board.

Please keep the chatter down in this thread....we can use the other CMP thread for smack talk.

We you send money via paypal please tell me who you are.....screen name, real name and group you are riding with.

Advanced
1. GPD270 (Sat./Sun)------Paid
2. Finsl (Sat./Sun)------Paid
3. KyleM (Sat./Sun)------Paid
4. Irish01 (Sat./Sun)------Paid
5. DanQ (Sat./Sun)------Paid
6. MaRce1o (Sat./Sun)-----Paid
7. Plimmer (Sat./Sun)-----Paid
8. FasterNU (Sat./Sun)-----Paid
9. Franikk (Sat./Sun)
10. Burn-z (Sat./Sun)-----Paid
11. Eddie (Sat./Sun)-----Paid
12. Meat (Sat./Sun)-----Paid
13. John Dunham (Sat./Sun)--Paid
14. Mike Phelan (Sat./Sun)----Paid
15. z064life (Sat./Sun)----Paid
16. lexusrx (Sat./Sun)----Paid
17. greenstreak9205 (Sat./Sun)--Paid
18. Tony Pavilonis (Sun)------Paid
19. Matt Heidel (Sat./Sun.)--Paid
20. Scott Unger (Sun.)-------Paid
21. Chris Lane (Sun.)-------Paid
22. Matt Paulson (Sat./Sun)---Paid
23. Weyland Bines (Sat./Sun)
24. Matt Sorenson (Sat./Sun)
25. DooDoo Brown (Sun.)
26. Matt Spnank (Sun.)
27. Steve Gould (Sat./Sun)

Inter.
1. 4everWIKID (Sat./Sun)-----Paid
2. jsr1017 (Sat./Sun)-----Paid
3. beaverpuncher (Sat)----------Paid
5. unoravenr1 (Sat/.Sun)-----Paid
6. Burnrr1 (Sat./Sun)
7. Spydr1 (Sat./Sun)-----Paid
8. FunR1 (Sat,.Sun)-----Paid
9. Watkins (Sat./Sun)
10. KOZ 21 (Sun.)---------Paid
11. Corey Helin (Sat./Sun)----Paid
12. Sean Noland (Sat./Sun)----Paid
13. zoso0330 (Sat./Sun)------Paid
14. factorytestbike (Sat./Sun.)----Paid
15. kruzindoubledub (Sat)------Paid
16. deadlift (Sat.)------Paid
17. swails (Sat.)------Paid

Novice
1. fjorn (Sat./Sun.)---------PAID
2. Ashley (Sat./Sun)---------PAID
3. Net-Jester (Sat) ---------PAID
4. R1 Buttercup (Sat.)------------PAID
5. FOGOAR1 (Sat./Sun)---------PAID
6. Psylocke (Sat./Sun)--------PAID
7. Ranhazz (Sat./Sun)--------PAID
8. Smalltrack (Sat./Sun)--------PAID
9. Jim Kelly (Sat./Sun)---------PAID
10. R1_OOKLAH (Sat./Sun)---------PAID
11. TAD158 (Sat./Sun)---------PAID
12. LossPrev (Sat./Sun)---------PAID
13. Vice726 (Sat./Sun)---------PAID
14. Molonlabe (Sat.)-------------PAID
15. Jt12 (Sat)--------------PAID
16. 08Daytona (Sat./Sun)---------PAID
17. R1hotrod (Sat.)-------------PAID

See less See more
#36 ·
Cant wait!!!

#40 ·
Will do.

#41 ·
Maybe I'm an idiot. But it says the 20th and 21st and then for the below that it says the 27th and 28th. Which weekend is it? I may have work issues depending on which weekend it is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com App

#43 ·
People are starting to send in money.....Thanks!!!!

#48 ·
#52 ·
LOL....will do.

#54 ·
Sounds good.

#56 ·
Sounds great!!! I will put you in the B group. If you catch on quick we will bump you up.

#58 ·
Thanks....when I transfer it over I will mark you off as paid.

#60 ·
I got money coming in!! Thanks...I will update the list in the AM.

#61 ·
List updated!

#65 ·
List is updated.

#66 ·
I hate saying it, but with recent findings I'm most likely out for ariding. I may still tag along. But, riding is most likely out. :(

#67 ·
List updated.

#69 ·
#75 ·
I have the cash, all am waiting on an answer from boss to approve my time off.

#74 ·
I know they would be coming your way.

List updated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.