Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Lucky 13th Post Whore Thread 3.0

392K views 5K replies 76 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
Whore away :boobies

#1,904 ·
Now if i sign up, do i have to start in beginner?

#1,906 ·
Depends on your history....I know you've done some days with TPM, right? Where would you want to start? Intermediate or advanced? Intermediate - 1st session is follow the leader, then it's free track. Advanced - free track (as long as you have ridden that specific track - if not, you do the intermediate follow the leader, then the advanced session). But to be able to jump right into advanced, you'll have to do 1 intermediate session and have an instructor follow you (unless an instructor or control rider can vouch for you). Tony is going to make all levels do a follow the leader for the dates for NY safety track...you cannot bump groups unless an instructor says you're hauling the mail or you ask to bump for whatever reason...then you have to have an instructor follow you for a few laps.

Someone talking about track days? I can't wait to ride again. :fact
Oh yea! you and me both!!!

#1,909 ·
Thats not a problem....

Even in advance?

#1,910 ·
yup. they are a little more lax in the fastest group at thunderbolt, but still present. Tony just wants to make sure if you lose it mid corner, you won't take out the guy next to you....

The fastest group at T-bolt are bunch of great guys - lots of racers that are very comfortable with close spacing...but there are also just fast trackday goers that are not used to the side by side, or only a couple inches from each other....you have to keep in your mind that it's a trackday and not race practice...my comfort level may be different than yours, which is different from Bill's....if ya catch my drift lol...

As long as your not doing sketchy passes, you gots nothing to worry about lol....It really is a fun organization....

#1,911 ·
I had problems with getting bumped in NESBA. Instead of evaluating my skills they gave me the run around. "We will get somebody to follow you after lunch" then at the end of the day they told me "you're riding is good but we already put away our stuff we will get you next time". So, in the end I didn't enjoy my trackday as much as I could have and then going to get screwed if I ride with them next time.

I personally like TPM and Absolute. They focus on coaching the riders and not only controlling the environment.

I have yet to try TTD.

#1,913 ·
I've never ridden NESBA....But just as an FYI - he keeps his stuff out all day lol...All Control riders and most instructors only do one group a day. So when you're off the track, so are they. There is a classroom session after each track session...and the Control riders are walking around until they need to suit up again to talk track with ya....even the guys selling/changing tires LOVE to talk track! They're all racers too!

#1,921 ·
Whats up guys, when does NYST open ? Any schedule yet ?

#1,922 ·
Yup I think tpm and ttd already have a schedule...what a dissapointment that track is though, such a nice facility as well

#1,924 ·
Nope, just because of the no timing events policy :lol

#1,935 ·
#1,938 ·
I'm undecided about the motorcycle show but here is a discount code for you guys that are going

Buy online and save 33% with $12 tickets! (expires 01/15/13)
1. Visit motorcycleshows.com/New-York
2. Click on Buy Tickets
3. Enter promo code: PRG8NYE
4. Purchase your discounted ticket(s)

#1,939 ·
Thanks Tom! I was just going to order mine...I'm heading down on Friday. Driving into New Haven and taking the train in....drinking car of course!

#1,945 · (Edited)
waassup all? hope everybody enjoyed the holidays and the new year. im planning on going to the show on friday. maybe ill bump into some of you.

motorcycle show at javits center!

Buy online and save 33% with $12 tickets! (expires 01/15/13)
1. Visit motorcycleshows.com/New-York
2. Click on Buy Tickets
3. Enter promo code: PRG8NYE
4. Purchase your discounted ticket(s)

#1,949 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.