Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#4,451 ·
See comments above....

#4,462 · (Edited)
Ok, just tested the 09 version of R1Evolution's map. I didn't touch ANY settings, just flashed it as is. I stayed in A mode, as always. I ride the bike a lot and my initial impressions were that 1st gear seemed to have some hesitation (maybe due to 75% bias?) and there was a bit more engine braking than I prefer, obviously due to the 80/20 position of the sliders instead of 100/100 like I run usually. In the higher gears, the bike seemed to pull nicely. Everything felt pretty decent, although I noticed RPM fluctuations at steady throttle. Then on the way back home, I was cruising in 2nd gear in mid RPM range and the bike suddenly lost throttle/power then lurched forward violently. It was incredibly disconcerting and I felt like I was going to lose control. Fortunately I was mostly upright. This has never happened before, so I think I'll be going back to my old map.

What other maps are you 09-11 guys running? I've only tried the Peen and N4speed variants. I thought they were all pretty useable.

#4,465 ·
Then on the way back home, I was cruising in 2nd gear in mid RPM range and the bike suddenly lost throttle/power then lurched forward violently
What could possibly cause a sudden powerloss, then lurching like that?
I have never had anything even remotely similar happening on my bike and I run the same map!

#4,463 · (Edited)
I'm sorry to hear that you had these issues.

This is one reason that i was limiting information and also copies of the maps.

Also per our phone conversation i mentioned to you that i dont know how everyone rides and that i didnt want to have that many out there to try until things where tested. I havent had anyone else state the same things you did,but thats not saying there wont be a some thats why where testing. Tad gave me a nice YCC over lay to try on this map which i have to do. so from now on i will not give updates anymore on what im testing or doing until it has been tested on mine or anothers that are willing to test it.

Please understand there is no big secret and i am not keeping stuff. we all ride the same bike and have a common bond.

I will tell you this tho the 91 + map was written on the old software so that why alot of this stuff is why it is in the percents.

Oilfiled and i are working on the 12 map so should be good.

Thanks to everyone tho that has been supportive of the efforts. I spend many hours looking at all these maps to bring what i feel should be a kick ass map for all of us soon. Like i said before i also found a welder for my header so that will be going on next week.

PS also did the 09-11 have any on off throttle stock?

#4,464 ·
I see now why you were doing that and think it was wise as well. I look forward to seeing what else comes down the pipeline and am willing to do further testing and can report back privately as it's not a public map yet. Although it's beginning to get cold here and there may only be a few more decent days this year. Thanks for trying to improve what we have. I would LOVE a version with 100% reduction on both EB sliders if that's a possibility once the map is finalized.

#4,466 ·
I don't see why you cant run 100% on both if you want to. It should only have the desired effect, based on what I have seen and played with.

#4,469 ·
Do you have a chance to test a map tomorrow? I did some tweaking on the map that he sent me....YCC-T and ignition mapping to smooth out on-off-on throttle....If you would like to try that?

#4,474 ·
:thumbup

#4,476 ·
Sorry guys, I posted the info about only being able to read my speed up to 152 MPH from my phone and this is the first chance I have had to follow up on that.

Yes, I am -1 in the front with a stock 45 in the rear (2008).
Yes, I adjusted my ratio down to 94%. FTR, I don't think it made any difference in my speedo reading anyway.

Another point worth noting, as I was WFO in 6th gear running up through the 152 indicated MPH, I noticed that if I backed off of the throttle an 1/8th of a turn, that the bike pulled harder. I wouldn't have thought that this would happen considering the F-T program and the 100% throttle, blah, blah, blah. I knew this could happen with carburated bikes as the butterflies would rotate past horizontal at full throttle, so backing off would get you more flow, but with fuel injection and throttle by wire?

I'm also considering going back to my original throttle tube. I don't know if the R6 one would make a difference on anything but the throw, and it doesn't have any negative impact on riding on two wheels, but damn does it make wheelies a sketchy proposition. I thought that I could get used to it, and maybe I can, but I'm taking my life in my hands trying and they ain't pretty wheelies by any means.

Maybe everybody that only reads up to 152 MPH needs to post up their info so that we can see the simularities.

Dave

#4,477 ·
Did you determine the 94% correction factor via GPS? Because that is my correction factor with stock gearing. I have verified that this correction factor was spot on via my 10Hz GPS logger up to 130MPH at the track.

The track does not have a long enough straight to go any faster at my put put pace...:dundun:crash I do agree that this is an odd problem.

#4,478 ·
The speedo correction off the default I used is 4.7% using speedohealer. At track, I have a Dainese D-Air suit which has data logging including GPS tracking and speeds.

At 240kph the diff was 1kph

Hope this helps. I have standard sprockets on.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4,483 ·
I have sent European 2012 R1 ECU to Chris 3 weeks ago.
Chris will incorporate 2012 R1 EU maps into the flashtune software when they are ready.
He is busy building new software at the moment which I believe is the main reason for delay.
Hope EU maps will provide a lot of information on injector propositioning and ignition.

#4,484 · (Edited)
Hey Elwin, welcome back:hammer:

Sounds like good stuff :thumbup

#4,490 ·
Ok in a attempt to make A mode more responsive. i need to know what you all expect....

I have made a A mode throttle map that makes it very low input to get smooth consistent throttle till higher rpms then it comes on hard ... Kinda of like a 1/4 turn race throttle set up. there are so many different riders on here and i really need some help with input please. There is not perfect A mode for everyone. I know racer would like not having to do much input to get max power out of the bike,but that also makes it very sensitive to others. Please tell me what you guys want. im trying to balance it out. thanks for any help you can give me to make these maps better

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.