Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

My Flashtune Experience

4K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  UDLOSE 
#1 ·
To those who know I bought a Flashtune ECU Tuning Interface on September 13 this year, I received it in a fortnight which was good I thought.

This is where the positivity went down hill, first I tried to find where to download the software on their site, it was difficult to find (I ended up following a link from google to what I feel is a unlinked page), then to make matters worse after installing the software and attempted to use the product I got the same error over and over (Error 002). I spent the next few weeks trying different things thinking it was me, I tried reading the problems and fixes others had suggested as there was NOTHING on flashtunes website for problem solving :dunno

After I tried multiple ECU's, Computers and power sources I thought I needed the experts help, I decided to email Flashtune on October 15 asking for help, on October 17 I got a very very short response asking only for the error code which I promply replied too and waited for a response, I got NOTHING back, I emailed multiple times after his response to different emails in the hope of a response, at this stage I decided it was time to lodge a dispute on paypal, I was getting NOTHING from these guys. :1pok:

I then tried emailing again on October 24 with a new header thinking MAYBE its in the spam folder which is why I am getting no reply, I got a response on October 31 asking for my order number which I provided promptly again and then Nothing again.

I have now returned the product at a cost to me of $76~ :whtfu: the tracking number is EE722232990AU for ANYONE interested.

So in summary I never got to use the product, I never got any real help from the supplier, I cannot recommend doing business with these guys as they do not care about their customers AT ALL, this would of been a very easy fix if they had of tried to help as I would of happily paid for another unit to be sent to me.
I had a few people waiting on my opinion of flashtune before purchasing this for their bike, which I have passed on my experience and who really wants to throw money away.

Flashtune if your reading this I would love to hear your side of the story, why you don't respond when people are unable to get the product to work.

Anyone else had issues with flashtune products and/or not been able to get a response from these guys?

See less See more
#2 ·
The very first flash with their interface worked for me, some people have had bad interfaces that were replaced. They are known to be slow on emailing responses, all problems I've seen have been figured out on the Flashtune Interface thread. Tad158 has a FAQ thread under his sig in all posts of his. I had Tad post the link for the software and computer updates neccessary for using the interface,and all went smoothly for me. Sorry your not having any luck with it, it is a good product that works for most. Have Flashtune flash it for you, depending on what adjustments you want done to the ecu.

#4 ·
hey Kurt, I wouldn't trust them with my ECU's to be honest, given the lack of response I would be in a real bind if I was down 1 ECU let alone 3 :(
I did try every bit of advice I could find, I believe I had a faulty unit from the very start.
End of the day I am out of money and never even got a chance to try it out, the cost of sending it back is what really hurts, returning something that doesn't even work?! :dundun:

Hey SakiBomb, I hope to get some answers too, this has been a horrible experience in total though, I would love to get another unit to resolve my issue but seeing as I could barely get a response so nothing was ever offered.
I am still keen to try flashtune but I don't see that happening now

#5 ·
Unfortunate mate, I got the ft interface and it worked a treat for me.

Although I had a bad experience with ECUnleashed.
I sent my ecu to the states from Australia to get flashed for the cost of a flash tune interface shipped.
I had to pay out of my pocket a high sum for shipping and insurance, got it back nearly 3 weeks later with some ECUnleashed stickers in the packaging.
After trying it out, there was no difference in the Bikes performance, none of the requests I had asked for worked.
After emailing them multiple times I finally got a lengthy response that I should take time getting used to the new power delivery when it wasn't there.
Out of pocket a few hundred, and that's the last I heard from them. Bought the FT after that and haven't looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#6 ·
Daviboy where are you located, would be keen to try out the flashtune to see if its what they advertised it as, if I could have the function of a PC with a few extra's I would love that.
As I said I am still keen to try it, just feel a little burnt by the entire experience, much like you would by ECUnleashed which is why I wouldn't send someone my ECU, if I can't do it or take it locally to get it done, I won't do it.

#9 ·
Got to say I totally felt like you……I had mine for 2 hours and it came up with error code every time, I felt like I had been robbed of my hard earned cash and wanted to someone to pay…after owning it for a good 3 hours now with no result I posted on here that it wouldn’t work for the first time expecting everyone to also say how bad it is when someone (can’t remember who sorry) said have you done xyz as windows won’t accept you ecu, did as they said and now you can’t wipe the smile off my face while riding my bike…sorry but it’s a thumbs up from me!!

#11 ·
i'm staying out of this one... NELS & Ecunleashed ftw :thumbup

#14 ·
Mine is being done as we speak and Nels is the goto guy with great communications. As for the results, we'll see when i get it back and fit it!
Mike

#12 ·
Lex I think its possible I got a dud off the shelf from flashtune but when they won't help let alone return my emails I can never find out, it is entirely possible that that the next one may work.
I wish ECUnleased would release a interface to compete with Flashtune, I would buy that ;)

#15 ·
Did you do the Microsoft NET framework update? I'm nothing but 100% satisfied with flash-tune and their product. The first day I had it I had one question, not even related to their product and I called them to ask Where the hell is my ECU on this bike? They told me, I flashed the bike and I Loved it. Sorry for your bad experience.

#17 ·
I have to say, man... I am stunned. I have a Power commander and ignition control module, which made my bike a little more powerful.
I got Graphitegripper to flash-tune my bike (08 R1), and the difference is unreal. It's pretty scary right now. I hate to say it, your problem is lack of know-how, with a little bit of poor communication to the manufacturer..
I think you should have gotten some help from the forum. There are a lot of people here with a lot of know how, and people can pretty much walk you step by step. I can also tell you that flash tune take forever to communicate back to you. If you need help, call, don't e-mail.

Hope it works out for you. I would keep the flash tune and get some help from this forum. I'm telling you, Flash-tune woke my bike up like a jalapeno enema..

#22 ·
flashtune is an upcoming company.......every thing wont work perfect!! im sure they are very overloaded with order and customers and repairs and ecu flashes and there personal lives. i mean, they are providing the best mod you can own for your bike, its not like there making mirrors and tail lights for your bike, they are making a very demanding product. not every one is going to have a good experience with them,.but for that 1 person with bad experience, there are 100 with good experiences... theres a bad apple in every bunch.

#26 ·
I disagreed with the reason "its a new company, give them a break" excuse. Don't get me wrong, I luv the products they sell. I have brought both the 09+ R1 and 07-08 R1 interfaces. But after numerous returns of the 07-08 R1 interface, which is the same for the 06+ R6, they should pull the product and make sure what they are NOT sending out defective products in the first place. And then not to even respond to customer's email and phone message.:dunno

#27 ·
I've had the same problem with mine, bought it a couple of months ago, I get the same error 002 code. I've tried everything, read all the forum posts, tried different laptops windows versions, triple checked the voltage on the battery etc. Ran all the windows updates etc. I emailed flash tune and they're totally useless as others have said, they said to post it back and they'll check it but the problem is that'll cost me potentially 80-100 (from australia) and what's the guarantee that I'll ever hear from them again, my last email was pretty much saying exactly that and I got no response. What if there isn't a problem with it, then do i have to pay shipping again to have it sent back to me?

After reading these horror stories it sounds like they don't actually test the devices so maybe there's a good chance it's actually faulty. I did see someone before say it's an easy fix to fix the wiring, but the problem is if I get a local guy to open the box up and play around with it then I got no chance with flash tune if I still have to send it back and they see it's been tampered with. Does anyone have anymore info on whats involved in fixing the wiring?

I'm desperate to flash my R1, it f**king sucks in standard form!! I saved up to buy the device and now it's been months and I can't use it. It's probably easier to sell the R1 than to try to deal with these people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.