Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Need Help reassembling a 2005 yamaha r6

757 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bacchus40 
#1 ·
Hi Guys.
I recently took apart my bike to repaint it. Took off the fairings, gas tank, seat, tires, headlight, speedometer, transmission fluid container etc.
I pretty much stripped it down to the frame.

I made a step by video while i was taking it apart, however, i lost the video, now im clueless about how to put it back.

Any help or link to help i appreciated

#2 ·
Well....if you have a transmission fluid container.....you are doing it wrong :fact

Pick up a service manual and get going...you may want to put your location to see if anyone is nearby. It is a bit hard to walk through an assembly of a bike on a forum without you asking any specific question

#4 ·
lol i mentioned the transmission fluid container just to give an idea about how much i might need

i have the supplementary service manual but its not very helpful

I m in Houston, if anyone is nearby, I dont mind paying them to help me put it together

#5 ·
I'm quite a ways away..I've done a lot of work on that style R6 though...All I can say is maybe give it a go and take some pics when you have issues...I cant really type a step by step reassembly from scratch :lol

whats your email..I'll send you the full service manual..it is for an R6s but minus the forks being inverted, it is the same as your '05

#7 ·
I USED to own one of those.. they're easy to work on... go through the manual,

should be pretty easy since you took it apart yourself..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.