Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champions R1 numbers

11K views 155 replies 51 participants last post by  desire68 
#1 ·
I've meet alot of fellow CLE R1 owners and have always wondered who got #1 and who got #1000, wierd I know. lol Think Yamaha kept those two?

#7 ·
I am number 148.....
I think I have around 10,000 kilometers......

#8 ·
I have # 0
No limited for me :no

#9 ·
yamajj said:
how many miles does everyone have on their limited?

mine has 7000 and i picked mine up 12/20/00. i have two other bikes, but i didn't buy the limited to park in my garage. it has a ti akropovic slip-on and a k&n.

:cool:
Just turned 20,000 on mine, don't remember when I bought it but I'm triing to put 100,000 on her:) BTW I have #505 I think Todd Colbert had #535 when he had his but don't remember for sure.

I think Yamaha should put together a list to see who has what number and something like what state they are in, that would be pretty sweet!

#10 ·
Out of 1000...
I heard that 700 went to the states,
... and 300 went to Canada..
Is this true???

#11 ·
WETPAVEMENT said:
I think Yamaha should put together a list to see who has what number and something like what state they are in, that would be pretty sweet!
i'm in tulsa oklahoma. the other bike i mentioned earlier has been the only other one in town. his bike has the full akropovic system and he left his gawd awful reflectors on the bike.

if you knew me, you'd know i have this thing with orange reflectors....i've never liked them.....makes me want to :ugh

#13 ·
I think ...1 mile = 1.609 kilometers
Then ....... 10,000 km = 6,215 m

#14 ·
modsquadr1 said:
I think ...1 mile = 1.609 kilometers
Then ....... 10,000 km = 6,215 m
i was guessing around 6200, so close enough for me. i ask about the miles because there are so many people around me saying, "i can't believe you're putting miles on the champions edition."

i really just think they are jealous because they don't have one.

:yesnod :cool:

#15 ·
#387/1000 here. i guess there arent any except in the states and canada? i have seen two others on the road, i parked and talked to the guy, and 1 in a guys garage. so ive only seen a total of 4 in the last two riding seasons. from what i can tell the #s stick together in the state they were sold in. mine came from nc down by #388 who replied above.

#17 ·
saw 1000

I bought #989 at anderson's in pontiac michigan, 2 weeks later i roll in to pick up my plate, all proud of the limited edition r1 and guess what new bike they had sitting there. THE GODDAMN 1000/1000!!!! still i was proud of my bike, but 2 weeks and this was in october of 2001. i couldn't figure out how it wasn't sold yet, still never seen it around town?:cryin

#18 ·
I have #815 and she has right at 20,000 on her.

#21 · (Edited)
Re: saw 1000

rescueswimmer said:
I bought #989 at anderson's in pontiac michigan, 2 weeks later i roll in to pick up my plate, all proud of the limited edition r1 and guess what new bike they had sitting there. THE GODDAMN 1000/1000!!!! still i was proud of my bike, but 2 weeks and this was in october of 2001. i couldn't figure out how it wasn't sold yet, still never seen it around town?:cryin
the bike shop where i work on saturdays, i got mine here, had a limited edition r6 which sat on the floor for 3 months. i kept saying, "if the r6 number matched my r1, i would buy it and have matching bikes in my garage." :rock

there are also those people who buy these bikes and put them on blocks and drain all the fluids out and keep it as an investment. i plan on keeping mine, i will ride it and trust me, it has seen all of the tach and the akrapovic pipe has an awesome primal scream.:yesnod

#22 ·
#23 ·
The best thing is I still have all the original bodywork in great condition in my basement......
........The gas tank is on the floor in the left corner of the pic.

Attachments

#25 ·
almost totaled

almost totalled my bike. i had like 14,000 miles on it and took it to deals gap. 5th day there, put it right into a ditch at about 50 mph. just got it back with 7,300 dollars in damage. i figured it would total the bike, but they said 80% of worth of bike would total it, so at least book wise our bikes are still worth something. I got all new plastic and even a carbon fiber hindle exhaust out of it!!!:rock

#26 ·
i wonder how they determined which ones went where. so far we have

ok this is pitiful. who is hiding them all. i think its all the guys with the silver 02 r1's so people dont say "man thats a nice lookin bike...almost as nice as the REAL limited edition ones"
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.