Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Akrapovic exhaust spares - where to

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Cerbyr1 
#1 ·
ok so i had an indiscretion at the hayshed at Phillip island and now need to fix/replace the right hand side canister.

does anyone know who stocks spare parts? i have emailed riders discount and few other places and they are trying to chase it down but i was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions?

i need a carbon end cap, ti sleeve, link pipe and the carbon hanger plus all the rivets and straps. alternatively i would be happy to just buy the complete canister.

any help would be great. its for an 07/08 r1 and its an evo 2 full ti system.

#4 ·
^^ yeah i have emailed them and it does seem they can get the spare parts. only problem is that they want either a bank wire trasfer or western union money order.. which makes me feel slightly uneasy..

they wont take a credit card from outside of the US or paypal it seems. has anyone deal with them? are they reliable?

worst case i suppose i might just use my mates US credit card to cover myself bit better.

#5 ·
Will they take a bank wire transfer through PayPal ?

That's what I had to do when I bought stuff from Japan..I don't have a credit card and my bank wouldn't let me charge something online out of country.

Let me know how it works with 58cycle,I have been contemplating buying an exhaust through them..they have great prices on a lot of stuff.

#6 ·
I've heard several bad things about 58cycle on a number of forums (never dealt with them myself) but if they're the only option it is what it is. Generally involved lousy customer service, slow shipping, and almost impossible to return parts.

#7 · (Edited)
Shoot a pm to Brad "lexusrx" at Superbike Supply. He's a vendor and sells Akrapovic. He got me some replacement carbon sleeves and end caps for my EVO2 system. Akrapovic US won't sell directly to the public and you must go through an authorized dealer. Be prepared to pay though. End caps were about $100 each and a sleeve was around $300. I got one of the last sleeves left and was told in the future you will not be able to purchase just the carbon sleeve and would have to buy the entire assembly from the y pipe on as a single unit. I can only imagine what that will cost. You should just get SSPilot's full EVO 2 system and save some money...

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346992&highlight=

edited to add I just saw yours is an '07-'08 system so scratch SSPilot's system. :(

#11 ·
Shoot a pm to Brad "lexusrx" at Superbike Supply. He's a vendor and sells Akrapovic. He got me some replacement carbon sleeves and end caps for my EVO2 system. Akrapovic US won't sell directly to the public and you must go through an authorized dealer. Be prepared to pay though. End caps were about $100 each and a sleeve was around $300. I got one of the last sleeves left and was told in the future you will not be able to purchase just the carbon sleeve and would have to buy the entire assembly from the y pipe on as a single unit. I can only imagine what that will cost.
I got in touch with Bryan from Riders Discount and he chased up the parts for me and looking at the prices he quoted they're very fair!! so i am going to try them i think given the customer service. The first one to reply out of the bunch of places i emailed.

the link pipe is the killer though! $400! had a look at mine and since its just gently pitted by the gravel rash i might leave on the bike.

but the rest of the rebuild kit should see me fix my can for about $350 total including new end cap and hanger. but my is a ti can not carbon. we'll see how it goes!

if someone does know of a second hand full evo system out there for sale at a decent price let me know though! i am racing so chances are i will bend the cans at some point again :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.