Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stahlbus speed bleeders review

7K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  DSM908 
#1 ·
i posted this up originally on the R6-Forum but i also spend time over here enjoying all the nice builds you guys have going on so i figured id toss this review up here as well for a great little part.

ok so i picked up a set of the Stahlbus speed bleeders from Chief aka Bauce Racing and finally installed them. i must say at first i was a bit skeptical as to how these would be better then any other variation of a speed bleeder on the market currently, but once i had a chance to use them i immediately was impressed with their quality and function ability.

the install was straight forward, remove the stock and replace with the stahlbus valve

from there, remove the cap and crack open the smaller 8mm valve built into the bleeder base-

here is where everything moves fast, instead of the need to repeat the opening and closing of this valve while pumping the brake to build and release pressure, the internals valve system of the Stahlbus does the work for you

the whole process is a simple one man job now and even with out the use of a mighty vac or something similar, only take a matter of minutes to complete.

its hard to see in these pics because the tubing im using to drain the fluid and air out is stained from the old ate super blue fluid i used before. ive now switched to the motul rbf 600, but the fluid is bubble free and clear after draining the old stuff out and flushing and refilling the new.

from there a simply tighten down the 8mm valve and re install the cap and you are done. for someone that goes to the track regularly and does not want to risk damage to the threading of their calipers or master cyl. this is an ideal part to have. another bonus is the sure feeling of solid brake force every time due to a solid bleed with no risk of air re entering the system while the process takes place. here are a few more shots of them all installed on the bike-

hope this helps anyone on the fence see why these are more then worth the asking price, any questions feel free to ask. anyone looking to order get in touch with Chiefsmokedawg aka Bauce Racing and he will get you set up, these bleeder valves make a nice complement to the Stahlbus oil drain valve as well, which Chief also can hook you up with ;)

http://www.bauce-racing.com/

i just got off the phone with Chief, i know hes a member over here and hes getting the ball rolling to become a vendor here as well right now so ill leave his info in here. :beer

See less See more
#3 ·
This ^^

I am a dealer for Stahlbus if anyone is interested in these, or even cooler than these is having this bleeder in your banjo bolt for the expensive Brembo calipers, etc. AND you can even get these bleeders in Titanium if you'd like! :lhumper:

Ti bleeders:

4 pack of Stainless bleeders:

PM or email at info@bauce-racing.com!

I'll put up some FS threads today!

#10 ·
They were on sale for the holiday weekend. Without the caps, the bleeder itself is only $35. So $105 full retail on the 3 for the front if you frequently bleed brakes and are more into their functionality than anything, it's a good price. Other bleeders aren't too much less money, and make their seal poorly by a thread sealer on them that wears out over time and introduces air into the system. And the constant in out action of bleeding with them or even the traditional OEM style bleeders can wear the caliper threads and result in poor performance when they heat up! The base of the Stahlbus ones goes in once and that it!

It's a VERY high quality piece as well, certainly worth the price!

#12 ·
where in jerz are you, maybe i can pick up ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.