Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Official Phantom Squadron Jibber Jabber Thread v.3

942K views 14K replies 90 participants last post by  Kevap 
#1 ·

See less See more
#7,256 ·
Burr.....:yuk:

#7,304 ·
After talking with smalltrack a bit I've seriously considered selling my 04 and picking up a R6, but with the little bit of money in my R1 and been riding liter bikes for the last 14yrs I think I would just forgo the hassle and mod the 1, but I still would like to try a 6 out on the track.

#7,281 ·
To be honest, I kinda like my old CB for tooling around on the streets....

Melvin you only like street more because you seem to bin it every time you go to a track...:crash

#7,285 ·
I actually think a sumo would be lots of fun in the city...

#7,287 ·
Yea I know I am just giving him crap....

#7,289 ·
Oh, and just in case anyone thinks it couldn't be tracked....

#7,291 ·
Nice!

#7,301 ·
Not to get off topic...:crash...but WTF!!!!!!! Why the hell is the Big Ten adding yet another team! :rant....

#7,305 ·
5 degrees latitude makes a big difference...especially above 40 degrees latitude

#7,313 · (Edited)
He does, but even if he didn't, rent would have been like 1100 a month + utilities (collage towns stink for that because of the captive audience) in a lot of places, a mortgage on this house would have been 800/mo with everything....its just cheaper to pay in full....:crash..:dundun:

#7,316 ·
hmm, its not $$ down the drain. Its significantly cheaper than owning one. I'm sure its at least $1k a month cheaper.

I'm 24, but at this point i'm not interested in a house at all, maybe years down the lane when I decide to get married and then kids. I think kids are what would be the deciding factor. You prolly need to select a good school district, a good neighborhood where they can grow up etc etc. damn I feel old.

#7,318 ·
I'm ready to head for the hills and have a wood boiler for heat and solar for power. I'm over all this shit we really don't need or want. We dropped 20 bucks a month on our power bill when we turned off cable. We go to bed and read, or I jump on here. This takes a ton less energy than the TV and I don't stay up as late.

#7,323 ·
Yep, it's all about the commercial trap. I can watch a program commercial free in just over 40 minutes. Football games I'm interested in I can watch at hooters of elsewhere if I want to. We don't want to get an antenna or the kids might start watching tv again. They read, play with toys, Play the Wii, help around the house. We upped their Chores when we dropped cable, you know, to keep them busy and not complaining.

#7,325 ·
Yep, even if you watch shows on hulu, etc. it's generally one or two commercials in the entire program. All in all, I still only watch a couple of hours of TV a week. But, the Netflix cost is negligible to me and is currently worth the $7.95/month cost. When I move, I'm seriously considering not getting a replacement TV for the 27" tube TV I currently have. But, I enjoy watching movies while I'm on the bicycle trainer. Or, other times it's just nice to sit and relax on the couch watching something.

I will be getting rid of my desktop though. I'm converting to a laptop as I don't want the big desk I have and don't see a need for the desktop anymore. I've been wanting to downsize my "life" (stuff, activities, etc) for a long time. Now, I'm taking advantage of my situation. :fact

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.