Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Holding bike for a soldier?

4K views 73 replies 26 participants last post by  jcobb78 
#1 ·
guy want to buy my bike but is deployed till Feb. says he will gimmie 600 bucks that i can keep if he no shows or doesnt like the bike....sounds pretty legit?

he says 600 is mine whatever happens, the rest he gives me on possession/ test drive of the bike

what do you guys think? im not military but i appreciate soldiers, worth helpin this guy out? or na?

#41 ·
Funny enough i find this thread, because its about me.

A few things id like to throw out there, i am not a single 18 year old planning on buying my first bike and going to fall through. I am a married soldier who owns a car, a bike, and have had three bikes before my current one. I pay my bills, take care of my wife, and have the money to buy the r1 cash when i return home, and still be beyond financially stable, because i know how to save and invest my money wisely.

As for the not being a sniper thing, i am in fact a sniper, one of 9 in my batallion. Not only that but i graduated sniper school as a Private First Class. I have taken multiple SDM courses with the Armys "AMU" which consists solely of presidents 100 marksmen as well as deploying as a sniper. The guy selling the bike asked what i do in the army, so i told him. I dont go to bars and boast about my job but its no secret either.

Ill attach a picture of my Sniper School Diploma, and yes it is a diploma from sniper school look it up if you feel the need to.

Attachments

#46 ·
Welcome to the forum, congrats on securing a nice bike and hope you get back soon to enjoy it. Thanks for serving, and don't feel the need to have to justify yourself to anybody in here. Your deal is between you and the guy with the bike..........nobody else.

#58 ·
mazzbm - Stop pretneding to be Delta.

#69 ·
BIKE IS SOLD!

Guy came. cash in hand. i held the cash while we both went on a test ride. came back pleased, signed everything. loaded up the bike. everything went smooth and was just like any other bike i have sold.

+1 for helping out a marine, if anyone else has a chance to do this and doesnt mind waiting i have nothing but positive things to say

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.