Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Has anyone tried out the Leo Vince black italia exhaust?

4K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  playero_loko 
#1 ·
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone has tried out the leo Vince black italia exhaust I came across it while looking at upgrades for my new 2012 R1

https://www.motomummy.com/leo-vince-italia-series/09-12-r1-leo-vince-black-italia-dual-slipon/

Couldn't help notice it with such a good price on a not so bad looking exhaust for this bike almost sounds too good to be true so don't know if anyone has real feedback like on the downsides of this exhaust.

Here is a link for YouTube video

What do you guys think?

#11 ·
i just received this exhasut with a m4 cat delete and will be installing this weekend, cant say that i'll be riding since it quite cold ever here for that but will try!

BTW, so since they're not $1k for the slip-ons does that makes it bad quiality?! :shake simply because it's at an affordable price doesnt mean that its a bad product!

#6 · (Edited)
The stainless ones weighed considerably more than my current setup, well over 5lbs I believe it was 7lbs even. It may not be much to you, but it all adds up and weight reduction is one of the main things I focus on on a heavy bike like this. The sleeves are really thick to be stainless steel, at least 2mm.

#8 · (Edited)
Which do you have? After I cut mine down they weighed like 9lbs. They were the least expensive polished stainless ones.

Edit: Shipping weight in the box was 9.5lbs

Again, not hating on them by any stretch. They were very sturdy and built well, just heavier than I expected. The sleeves are very thick and the cans hold a lot of packing. But I've had titanium GP cans on my last 2 bikes, so I'm comparing them to very light exhaust canisters. My new setup only weighs 2.x lbs.

#13 ·
Same with all things, just because its the most expensive, doesn't make it the best thing! Prime example is: look at the 06-09 range rover, its msrp was over 60k and those things spent 75% of the time in the shop getting repaired! :fact and that's why people would get rid of them and otherwise we able to buy them for cheaper!

A good product is actually determined by the demand of the item, you can spend a lot money on an item and have either low and or high sales just as much as you can have spent lil money on an item and still get low and or high demand. The issue always is whether or not the item is high demand and for the price it costs.

Another example is KIA, they used to be cheap car cheaply made with low demand... After they spent some time in improving their rep up and still maintain affordability while giving you options that other overpriced vehicles wouldn't unless you paid 3-5k more in those options. This is why reviews are needed and helpful as opposed to personal opinions.

What if this exhaust would be .5hp less than say akra... Wouldn't you buy it even tho you know that It's only that much less but performs that much more with just a 1/3 of the price? This where personal opinion, brand-ing and show off in the form of I have the most expensive xxx item come into place.

To me, it makes no difference as long as I get what I want and currently I have so no complaints from me!

#17 ·
Thank you for the feedback was jus curious if anyone had tried them yet. I believe in you get what you pay and I know there are times when this is not true but more often than not you do get what you pay for. I didn't know theses where similar to the SDKs, guess thats good.

#18 ·
We have had good luck with these and so far everyone has been happy with them. For the price it's hard to beat and combine it with a ypipe like the M4 ypipe and it's a great combo...no doubt about it. They are a few more pounds then the higher end exhausts, but for a street bike a few pounds it's a huge deal at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.