Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

7075 Billet Axles

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Death R1 
#1 ·
Just installed the front axle . Stock weighed 384 grams and this one is 144 grams . Over a half pound weight savings .

Rear axle will be here by the weekend and am having a swingarm pivot made also .

I wont post pics since you can see them at Ti64.co.uk/blog

Pete also made an oill cooler bolt that saves close to 1/4 lb as well as some long Ti motor through frame mount bolts .

#2 ·
I dont mind...Still wanna see pix!

#3 ·
Nice. Almost afraid to ask how much. :lol

#10 ·
Lets fix this thead to its awesomeness!

Website link:
http://www.ti64.co.uk/

Person to contact:
pete lidster

Email for Q & A:
ti60four@googlemail.com

Product list:

http://www.ti64.co.uk/yamaha-r1-catalog/

product info:

7075 spindles cost:
Bare front £125, bolt £17.50, anodised £135, £20
Bare rear £160, nut £20, anodised £170, £25
Bare swinging arm £145, nut £20, anodised £155, £25

I don't reccomend anodising the wheel spindles but it is an option you can have, whereas i do suggest the swinging arm spindle is anodised to protect it from corrosion. The anodising process can stress the metal which isn't so much an issue for the swinging arm. 7075 has relatively poor corrosion resistance which is the only practical reason to anodose it, so unanodised you will need to take them out now and again to clean, inspect and regrease them.

Grade 5 Titanium Cost:
Front £150, bolt £30
Rear £280, nut £30
Swinging arm £250, nut £30

Titanium HAS to be lubricated with molybdenum disulphide grease, it is more corrosion resistant than stainless steel but it has a tendency to 'grab' on the threads if it isn't well greased up with molybdenum. Once fitted it needs no further care other than an occasional clean and relube just as you would the OEM parts

#11 ·
subscribed!!!

#12 ·
I was running out of light weight mods for my 01R6 . Seemed like I had hit a brick wall at 320lbs . Now bike is well on its way to weighing 315 lbs. The unsprung mods can really be felt with grip over rough pavement .
If you look at the blog section on TI64.co.uk there are pictures of parts being made etc. He doesnt list everything he makes . Pretty much any odd bolt that ProBolt does not have , he can make out of Ti or 7075 .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.