Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Where to buy a 520 conversion kit?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  AKDMA 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm going to buy a 520 conversion kit, likely this weekend with all of the specials going on.
I need an RK520GXW black chain, aluminum black rear sprocket (driven?), and a superlight front sprocket (renthal, driven).

Unfortunately Rider's Discount is out because they don't sell that chain. I can piece everything together for 190$ shipped. I'm hoping that someone selling the whole kit can offer a bit of a discount.

#7 ·
:iamwithst

http://www.sprocketcenter.com/p/924...g-chain-and-steel-sprocket-kit---yamaha-.html

Superlite/RK 520GXW X'Ring Chain and Steel Sprocket Kit - YAMAHA
D1202GXW

Retail Price $208.00
Our Price: $179.95

I just ordered a new RK 520GXW replacement for $119 and another AFAM 520 Conversion Drilled Steel Front Sprocket for $33.95. I got over 6k track miles on my last one and I'm only replacing it because my rear sprocket is worn. The chain still looks fine though.

#9 ·
If you don't have a 100% dedicated track bike and want longevity then go with the Driven Racing superlight steel chain kit. Yes, our chain kit prices right now are as low as they will ever be. We are waiting as price hikes for 2013 should be coming out within the next 30 days. For the last 5 years they had a price hike every year so I would suspect they will have one this year as well, but hopefully not.

Thanks for good words guys :) We surely go through a ton of chain kits every month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.