Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2013 Graves Motorsports "LINK" Exhaust System

32K views 201 replies 58 participants last post by  AHB537 
#1 ·
I'm starting to get some more production images and being able to put a little more information out there about the new "LINK" exhaust systems we will be offering at Graves Motorsports soon...

Here's a couple shots of the carbon / carbon setup... Side and back..

LINK = It's about the evolution of the exhaust and the way it's "upgrade able" from just a slip-on > addition of Y pipe > then addition of a header at a later time (yes we will have headers available to upgrade to).

Edit: The side shot shows the silver colored sound reducing inserts... 88db at idle and 99.5 at 5000 rpm > These will be available and sold separately. The second shot from the back is without inserts 91db at idle and 103.5db at 5000 rpm

COMING SOON... Enjoy and thanks for the business.. www.gravesport.com

-Shane

Attachments

See less See more
#75 ·
Any plans to make this for 07 to 08?

#77 ·
Maybe I'm just being stupid by asking this, but are those baffles removable? If so, is there a specific way to do that? I'm assuming it's different for different exhausts, or is that wrong?

#78 ·
They come without baffles.. It's a add on to tone the sound down... They remove via a small hole that's closed off and a bolt :)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#81 ·
now thats a very good looking exhaust. time to save up for this!

#88 ·
Heat shields are sold separately. We do have one currently. It will be seeing a remake after the first of the year.

#90 ·
Here is a link to all the 2009-2013 R1 LINK Systems. I'll have limited stock this first week.

http://www.gravesport.com/LINK-Systems.html

Carbon side guards and sound inserts will be on the site tomorrow to purchase along with the kits. Let me know if anyone has questions. Extra images of the parts, bike, sound clips, dyno graphs etc will be added to the listings also...

I'll talk in more detail about the special dynojet PC5 map we developed and what is does soon as well.

-Shane

#95 ·
looking sick Shane... gotta admit... i like this exhaust so far...

just in time it seems... i'll be in the market for a change of pace at end of next season

Graves just made the short list... :bow

#97 ·
I Spoke with you earlier sir, from Texas Yamaha Gulf Coast. Good to meet ya and i will be speaking with you again soon! sop was busy as hell today

#98 ·
pics

Attachments

#99 ·
pics 2

Attachments

#100 ·
pics 3

Attachments

#101 · (Edited)
question Shane : will the position of this bung enable us to run DJ's AUTOTUNE bosch 02 sensor? or do we need to re/re as with LeoVince y-pipe.?.

I would make this very high in my decision making i should say... i would hate to have to tarnish such a beautiful piece with
and expensive weld job after the fact... :(

lookin' SICK!

#102 ·
I am not sure what Leo has.. Our Y pipe is dual bunged ... The lower opening is for the stock setup the upper is for DJ autotune sensors... Out the box!

Automotive exhaust Exhaust manifold Auto part Exhaust system Pipe

#103 ·
Just to clarify the picture you posted is the DynoJet sensor I've not mounted my Pc5 and auto tuner yet .. That why its capped.. The stock sensor is installed by routing it over the swingarm and plugged into the top bung. :)

#105 · (Edited)
beautiful!, i actually wondered after i posted. that is awesome you guys went ahead with that... i figured you'd be running auto-tune as well.! :thumbup

great minds think alike.!! thanks for the quick response.!! alright.. you've got me... i'll make the switch in a year.. or when you run a must have sale! yah know.. just for us r1-Forum members!! :jump :hammer: :sneaky :fork

Saphexus, yeah its very much doable for your avg joe... just gotta have the right tools, 2 or 3 wrenches & appropiate allen keys gets it done...

its a 3-4 beer job if you like everything to line up properly.. maybe more if its a full system... just work your way from the oem exhaust cans toward the front of the bike {cans, cats y-pipe, header} piece by piece till the whole thing is off... install new exhaust in reverse order.. pretty straight forward... always leave a bit of room to move and adjust as you go along... always finish with the cans themselves... each exhaust system comes with a full installation diagram and in most cases little tidbits to look for... LeoVince, Graves & Akrapovic are among the best exhaust in the market.. and for the most part, all are exact fit 100% like oem... and look & sound great with excellent performance increase... i would not wanna ride a xplane with stock exhaust...

that's really a very clean solution Shane! the oem bung location really is a crappy place for the bosch sensor..
its gotta be shown for braggin' rights but i would have def. liked to have it further back in the y-pipe so its out of the way of the rear brake...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.