Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Sprocket drive nut

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  617mike9c1 
#1 ·
need a little help im attemping to put new sprockets on the r1 and the front nut is being a bastard. First off am I turning it the right way? im going standard lefty loosey. Also any ideas would help I dont have a compressor so the impact gun is out for now.. hoping it doesnt come to that.

#2 ·
i usually when dealing with one that is a pain is, i put it in gear and also put a soft wood 2x4 through the rim and turn till two by four locks the rim to swingarm, then i use a strong impact wrench.... then upon re install i9 use regular socket then a torque wrench to proper specs.

#7 ·
Sucessful mission, new chains on plus sprockets.. riveting went well the Rk tool worked great didnt even need to grind off the heads. Just need to re-torque the drive nut, my 3/8s torque wrench doesnt go to 61lbs so gotta borrow my buddys 1/2 wrench. When I get my digi camera ill post some picks.

#10 ·
i just went with the specifications per manual for torque'ing no problem to this day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.