Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

quick throttle????

4K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  Race Engineer 
#1 ·
was looking to get a quick throttle assembly for my r1 since im converting into full time track bike...what are my options?...was looking at robbymoto..who is a us dealer for them and are they still available or should i go another route?...chime in track whores!

#5 ·
Use Robymoto (preferably as bespoke cabling) or Euroracing.

1/8th turn. Dry or wet. Works great.

Be careful upon fitment to make sure the front brake lever has 100 percent travel remaining/available. Make sure the qa housing cannot turn and prevent front brake lever actuation.

#7 ·
Robby Moto here too. Great product, easy to fit and adjust. :thumbup

#9 ·
love my motion pro revolver

#11 ·
hey dave you must of got an r1 as well...im disgo from ducati ms..great minds think alike!i have an 07 that im converting into full track whore..cant afford to wreck all my ducs..my hyper and 1098r are almost back together...great to hear from ya!:hellobye

#22 ·
so i tried the quick throttle mod on my stock throttle and did not work did not have enough adjustment in throttle to get it to work correctly...not something you want to half-ass on anyways..so the search for robbymoto quick action is on...$ was a bit to high from superbikesupply jus waiting on pjs parts to answer email...for those who have installed rm qt what goes for install on 07/08 r1?i see the kit comes with cables or are they not used?...any feedback will be appreciated!...

#23 ·
the cables that come with it have to be used
be very careful as you tighten the two nuts to hold the cables at the throttle bodies
the tubed can be pulled apart at the threads
just tighten enough to make sure they wont slide off the steel plate.
let me know when you get it and i can walk thru it.
i took my throttle bodies out, it made for an easy install. plus i found issues with the airline caps. they were cracked and sucking air, the cause for my idle surging.
keep su posted

#24 ·
Im about to buy one :boobies
Can you make a thread how to install one on a 01R1 pleaseeeeeeeeee:hellobye

#26 · (Edited)
have had rm quick action throttle for awhile now and like it very much...is the silver cam the quickest pull?...and what order/color do they go quickest to slowest pull? appreciate owner feedback....and what holes on cams should be used for quickest pull or does it make a difference?

#28 ·
have had rm quick action throttle for awhile now and like it very much...is the silver cam the quickest pull?...and what order/color do they go quickest to slowest pull? appreciate owner feedback....
stack the cams on top of eachother, the one with the largest gap (from hole to hole) is the shorter pull.

#27 ·
i have the euro racing one, costs around 160 ish ? on my o6 racebike.
came with 3 cams, one is almost close to stock too if i wanted to go back without changing the whole assembly.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.