Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

New member prospective R1 owner

979 views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Ben1105 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, my name is Ben, back in June I picked up my 2012 FZ8 for my first bike and loved it from the start. My dad just recently got his license and he has been learning on my FZ8, and is now trying to convince me to sell it to him and buy a new bike for myself. I originally considered the FZ1 but just something about it I just can't stand, as of right now just waiting on a good deal on an R1.

Are there any rules on being a member for a certain amount of time to buy an R1 off of the marketplace?

And holy shit there are pokemon :gengar:

#2 ·
Welcome, you can buy but not sell. Check CycleTrader, or better yet call Romney Cycles in West Va. for the best pice around.

#4 · (Edited)
Been browsing around cycletrader and craigslist, it appears as though I may have to do some traveling to find one for the right price, Trying to keep it under 7,000 but at the same time would really like an 09. Being picky does have its downsides I suppose. Found this 08 for 7500, what do you all think of it? It's near enough to me that I can go check it out if it seems worth it.

#8 ·
Do you commute on the FZ8? The FZ1 is going to be a better commuter and touring bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#12 ·
I ride about 6000 miles or more in one year. So being a 08 with 7500 miles, I wouldn't think it has a lot of miles and the price seem right if it's in good condition in MA.

#14 ·
Just keep looking around I'm sure you can find a deal here and there.

#18 ·
You should be able to find a decent 08 with low miles in the winter. A few of my friends picked up some 07 and 08 under $7k with low miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.