Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Confessions of a Lurker

2K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  bacchus40 
#1 ·
Hi guys/ girls and the other in between. I have to confess..... :1pok: I have been lurking on and off the forum for a while and have decided it is time to thank you guys for the usefull (and sometimes not so usefull) information that i have found on the site and the smiles (sometimes frowns :dundun:) that this forum has given me.

A quick introduction: I live in South Africa in the Garden Route (south coast, filled with beautifull mountain passes and open roads) and own a red (maybe not the fastest, but surely the prettiest colour) 2004 R1. I bought the bike in 2008 with 13k km's on. Currently just over 30k. Pretty stock, but in showroom condition (will post picks on the other threads) I wanted a bike and the missus said: "if i get pregnant, you can get a bike" so i am the proud father of two. :) and the bike of course.

I service my Maserati myself and thanks to all the usefull threads that has helped me to keep her in tip top shape. I had a bad Yamaha Tick ever since i bought the bike and recently shimmed the valves (will post some usefull photos and a nice excel sheet i did later) The dealer told me i will never rid the bike of the dreaded Tick....but alas.... sounding smooth and quiet.

The Nic "swerwer" means wanderer in my native mixed european tongue, and got it on a Trans Atlantic trip many moons ago.

Well that's me in a nutshell.....

ps I'll be more active on the site from now on..... let the bashing commence :saw:

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
It's a Chevy Utility (called Montana in South America) we do get the Aussie version of the El Camino in SA called the Lumina SS.....what a beast... http://www.chevrolet.co.za/vehicles/view_all_vehicles/cars/lumina_ute/index.html
THAT would look really nice next to the R1...i can only dream

Thats what we call the poverty pack ss in oz. We also make another version of this this ute which really is awesome. Its a called a Walkinshaw Maloo, 600plus hp

#19 ·
so, all you had to do to get an R1 was to get lucky!?
sounds doable.!! :lol

welcome to the mad house... but i take resentment to your statement,
all of our useless comments have a purpose!! you just gotta read beyond the bullshit... thats all :1pok: :fork

#25 ·
your spelling sucKs!..

just sayin' :butt :vanish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.