Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2012 R1 WGP : Can anyone make sense of this Backfiring/ Starting issue, i am LOST !

15K views 183 replies 20 participants last post by  greenstreak9205 
#1 ·
so a few weeks ago i had left for vacation and i put in fuel stabilizer (red) honestly i put more than i should have and left for vacation. when i got back and tried to start it the issue came up... i googled and searched and noticed people had similar issues but not exact symptoms..

lately i have had a much harder time starting my bike it takes a while and some playing with the throttle to get it fired up... today i took a video it took me a while to start and it and it fired 2 huge fireballs and backfired before it finally started..i DO have YES (yamaha extended service) but its sooooo cold i have no way to bring my bike to the dealer right now and i honestly dont trust them unless i absolutely have to (yes i know this may be one of those times) but id like to try to figure it out on my own with the help of you guys...:shake

im thinking possibly the spark plugs fouled from the fuel stabilizer being overfilled. but it dosnt make sense for that to happen from 1 time. then i thought it was the battery :dunno nope got a brand new shorai battery ..:shake

at this point i feel like im in a bitch fight trying to figure out this issue :sissy:..

can anyone help me out and tell me what to diagnose or do to stop this from happening again its mind boggling knowing i did not install any mods nor did i play with my power commander lately... makes no sense to me...

id genuinely appreciate if someone can help from beg to end to fix this issue and i am willing to pay someone to save me a trip to the dealership... i will paypal (1) person (whoever helps most to figure this out) money for your brainstorming and troubles..

thanks for reading my essay guys and if you can PM me :secret: to try and help me from beginning to end... i will pay..

thanks again...:stpd::iamwithst:stpd::iamwithst:iamwithst

See less See more
#91 ·
Oh snap I do remember that thread. Dude just say sorry and that you apologize to everyone for puffing your chest out farther than it rest normally. Seriously it's about time you came clean and asked for forgiveness.

As far as your bike goes sounds like the Service manager is giving you bullshit. Maybe you've pissed him off too and he just wants you to f your sh*t up. Idk but if it was me I'd try a different approach. Your in cold weather for one, bike has stabilizer in it for two and it's not sitting for a long period of time without being started, changed your settings for three so you must have expected the bike to have a different running format. I don't see what your tripping about. Bikes back fire once it's changed ex.: different exhaust, air filter, tuning, timing, octane...these are all things that can be tuned. Do some research man!

#136 ·
You know dictator's kinda have it good. For most of their lives, they are the king except for the last 3 months. It does make sense. :crash

#137 ·
Damn white people with their evil ways to kill other races...oh shit that would be me too. Sorry minorities our white days will come to an end too. Actually I'm both. Don't feel so bad I'd be outcasted by both parties. I'd have no where to go but left. Why can't we all just get along? Nah all and all thats some f'd up shizzo that they used to do back in the day. Glad it's over for the most part. F! I hate my life...

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.