Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Issues with Driven D3 Grips for 07 R1

2K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  jelizondo_20 
#1 ·
I took off the stock grips and inserted the D3 in place, but they are very loose and there is space between the grip and bar ends. Here's a video to show you.

http://youtu.be/s8UZvJKfhzo

#7 ·
If you got them from amazon they might be knock offs as well. Driven has been seeing a lot of that lately. china made stuff being copied and sold as Driven when it's not. I'm not saying that is what it is, but they have seen it on Amazon and Ebay lately.

da rza: Their rearsets are the only two types of adjustment out there right now, only manufacturer that offers multiple types of grip on the footpegs, sliders on the footpegs. Their D3's were the first of their kinda and now most people copy their D3's. Sure they look like the rizoma's, but the design is 100% different which makes it easier to change colors around, replace grip, and brings the price way down. Their spools are the first two piece design, etc. Every company out there takes aspects of others and builds on it , but Driven has also designed their own products like nobody else.

#12 ·
completely agree with you corey on the rearsets they are bulletproof!..and i also had goodluck with sprockets from them...but ive had some issues with other products like grips..pre-load adj...etc that were poor quality...i just think the grips were a bad design in my mind anyways...i ride track 4-5 monthly now and the driven grip rubber was wasted in less than a month!and the beauty rings get all out of place and dont stay in rubber grooves..ill stick with domino/renthall grips now!

#13 ·
Okay so here's an update.
Grips fit perfectly and screwed in the Driven bar ends without problems. The only thing that is a little bothersome is there is a gap on the throttle side but it had the same gap with the stock. Blue Electric blue Metal

I used a razor and nail polish for the removal of the grips and glue. I used hairspray to insert the new grips which easily went in with the hairspray.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#20 ·
Everyone has their comments on what's crap and what's good. That's the best thing about us, we like certain brands. It's just like how people like Adidas than Nike. It may not be that simple but it's an simple comparison.

I like what I got. I like experimenting with different brands I never tried before. I'am not saying that I will get eBay parts and praise them highly, but I will try brands that are out there and see what I personally like.

I appreciate everyone's opinion and keep them coming because it gets us
Something to shoot the sh!t with.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.