Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#4,758 · (Edited)
This POS won't flash my ECU anymore. I updated to the newest version and it will get to 100% of the ETV flash but fails to connect when it attempts to write the FI side. Anyone else experience this?

Update: I tried flashing it with their new "flash etv only" "flash fi only" and it worked. Go figure.

#4,776 ·
Storm have you had this error? Did it error right away? Or did id behave like above?

#4,760 ·
What do you mean you can not change the load bias setting? :confused:...You do know that they changed it from a slider to a drop down box just above the speed adjustment? wow i didnt realize this

One way to do it is to simply change it to an RPM that is above the rev limter, aka an RPM that the engine will never get to?yea that was my plan,

Does this help you VC?yep thanks very much

#4,762 ·
Yes starting a new thread for map development would be a good idea. I have reached page 181 of thsi thread so far and all I have is peen's v2 and n4speed's map from old. I don't know if there have been any new maps since then. I don't know when I will be able to finish reading the entire thread.

#4,766 ·
Question (because I can't find the definitive answer). If I get the interface, can flash a 2011 AND a 2012 with the interface and software? thanks in advance!

#4,770 ·
:no The 2.2 version is the 09+ version. The original 09-11 version (the one that I have) is the 2.1 version of the interface. I still believe that this version cannot flash 12+....:dunno, I have not tired. I will ask F-T.

#4,772 ·
:yesnod...I have the 2.1.....it was the one they made before they came up with the one that would also the the 12+...the 1.x does the 07-08.

#4,773 ·
Can someone tell me why my FT may not be working? I was at the track on Friday and tryed more than several times to flash the ECU with no success. It kept giving me a connecting error and I did have the computer (charging) plugged in.

Also is there any new Latest/ Greatest map for a 2010 +/- with a full Akra, filter and Bazzaz that anyone has posted?

#4,774 ·
Were you sure that you had a good 12V supply hooked up? That is the only time i get flashing errors...ie I forget to plug in the 12 power brick....

Also, does it work at home. If you were powering it off a generator, it could not be supplying it with a clean enough AC signal to generate the 12V DC (if you were using a wall mount power supply)...:dunno

#4,778 ·
Ok, that is usually what happens to me if I forget to connect the 12V. I would try at home, and if it still fails, call F-T. It should work.

#4,780 ·
Hey guys. I've been a member for a while now, but I haven't modded much till now, so I haven't bothered posted anything. I've been reading quite a few threads over the last few weeks, and this one is of particular interest. I just put an MJS Y-Pipe on, and purchased some Two Bros Slipons. I've read as much as I can handle of this thread, but still have a few questions:

1) Can you use Flash-Tune to load the standard maps back on (if i decide to sell the bike)?

2) Does Flash-Tune let you modify each of the three (A, STD & B) YCC-t maps separately?

3) Has anyone's had a successful dyno tune where they haven't blocked off the smog system (temporarily or permanently)? From what I understand it pumps fresh air into the exhaust to cheaply clean up emissions. Therefore it would confuse the dyno tuners sniffer (oxygen sensor).

4) If there's a way to make the traction control default to 'off'?

5) Why people want the immobiliser removed? Flash-Tune appears to remove it, but I'm not sure why this is a good thing.

6) What parameter(s) is the engine braking slider actually changing?

7) Can you remove injector shut-off on decel with Flash-Tune?

8) Is injector phasing the point where the 2nd stage injectors come in?

#4,781 ·
1. Only the us image for now, but eu is supposed to be soon.
3. FT allows disabling of the smog system.
4. No tc settings yet.
6. I'm not sure what the etv slider does, the fi slider adds fuel during decel.
7. See above
8. yes

I'm sure someone else can fill in the gaps, but hope that helped a little. Download the software and check it out.

#4,782 ·
Also, the FAQ has plenty of info on all those topics...

#4,784 ·
Thanks for the info. I will refer to the FAQ too. Cheers.

#4,785 · (Edited)
Chatham's V2 '12

First impression: Wow! now we talking!
A more refined and angry version yet still smooth!
100% improved low end, 3-6k and a consistent mid and top end. Power comes on fast and strong so intervals between gear changes have been reduced. You will find yourself too slow to shift up.

During the middle of a 2hr test ride:

Not sure if it was due to a slight rich fuel mixture I noticed and the pop crack and bang sounding like an angry thunder storm on desel. Even tho the temp were in the 90's it did feel some power loss or maybe I just got use to the extra power.

Did I read somewhere that higher temps mean better performance? is this true? The stock fan kickin for the '12 is 100c, now it's set to 90c so I never see 100c anymore no matter how hot.

Final impression:
A great improvement over stock! much better suited map for high obtain 98 fuel than peen's map. 1800k's since I purchased the bike and this is the first time I feel like I got a real liter bike. Power wheelie, no problems, clutch wheelie, no problems. power and clutch wheel with traction on, no problems! lol. anything you want you got it.

Important facts:
Test was done during a night ride, temps were 16-18c, on twesty and straight roads. Not a Sunday, driving miss dazy cruise but a high rev and high speed dash!
7.5 to 8.0L/100kms

Bike setup:
Stock all except GYTR slipons and y pipe.

#4,786 ·
Chatham's V2 '12

First impression: Wow! now we talking!
A more refined and angry version yet still smooth!
100% improved low end, 3-6k and a consistent mid and top end. Power comes on fast and strong so intervals between gear changes have been reduce. You will find yourself too slow to shift up.

During the middle of a 2hr test ride:

Not sure if it was due to a slight rich fuel mixture I noticed and the pop crash and bang sounding like an angry thunder storm on desel. Even tho the temp were in the 90's it did feel some power loss or maybe I just got use to the extra power.

Did I read somewhere that higher temps mean better performance? is this true? The stock fan kickin for the '12 is 100c, now it's set to 90c so I never see 100c anymore no matter how hot.

Final impression:
A great improvement over stock! much better suited map for high obtain 98 fuel than peen's map. 1800k's since I purchased the bike and this is the first time I feel like I got a real liter bike. Power wheelie, no problems, clutch wheelie, no problems. power and clutch wheel with traction on, no problems! lol. anything you want you got it.

Important facts:
Test was done during a night ride, temps were 16-18c, on twesty and straight roads. Not a Sunday, driving miss dazy cruise but a high rev and high speed dash!
7.5 to 8.0L/100kms

Bike setup:
Stock all except GYTR slipons and y pipe.
:cool::cool::cool:

Thanks for the review.

In regards to the popping on decell even with the AIS switched off in the ECU I would also get this..as soon as i installed the block off plates, no more popping on decell.
For some reason even with it switched off in the ECU some air must get passed from my EXP the block off plates are the best option.

#4,790 ·
Finally got to ride a bit hard last night after flashing it with Peen's map.

One new problem; the front wheel doesn't seem to stay down at all, it's like floating on an invisible layer of pressurised air :)

Thanks a lot all you guys; the bike is completely bonkers now. Next on the list is to try out N4speed's map and the one jaggi made for me with ignition retarded back to stock.

#4,792 ·
He's on vacation from what I remember him saying. Chattam hooked me up with his map and man I am impressed. It's smooth and you can feel a steady pull through the gears. One major thing I noticed is how its picks right up from running up through the gears and not lunging forward as you excel. A little hiccup you might notice is on down on the rpm's right around 5k and below sometimes it'll drop but if you keep loosen up steadily on the throttle its great. Definitely IMPRESSIVE!!!

#4,794 ·
Guys' I need help. I'm trying to figure out how to copy the stock ignition timing (pump gas 91 and stock ecu) values to the peen v2 map. Just copying pasting doesn't work. Is there any other trick? Or can someone do it or has done it already?

Better if someone can show me as I can do that with n4speed's map too then.

#4,795 · (Edited)
1. Open FT software and load +91 map (or map from which you want the ignition table).
2. Open FT Software again and load your target map
3. Go to Ignition table in +91 map and click empty top left square above numbers to highlight complete table.
4. Press 'CTRL' - 'C' to copy table
5. Go to target ignition map and click on first table value (top left number)
Press 'CTRL' - V to paste new values over current values
***THEN***
6. Press 'CTRL' - Q to change values in every gear.

If you don't do this last step, only the first gear values will be changed!
Alternatively you can select each gear's map and repeat paste (step 5).

All tables changed :epimp
All the best.

#4,796 ·
crap software doesn't work. Firstly ctrl P changes to percent view, I managed to paste with ctr V :).

Secondly, after I manage to paste in gear 1, link it for all gears and cylinders, go to view anything else and come back, it reverts back to the original values. Even if I save it before moving away.

Maybe I should close the first map window?

#4,798 · (Edited)
? The out lined steps should work. First copy then select the top left column (only one cell) then ctrl+v should paste in the data. Do not select the percent data. Only copy the values. I would also not recommend changing each gear to the 1st gear map, as each gear has different timing curves.

Copying and pasting maps into other images works fine for me, not sure why it does not work for you?

Edit to add: Just tried it, opened two instances of the F-T software, pulled up a stock ECU image, then a 91+ ECU image. Went to the timing maps on both. Did a ctrl+a on the stock image, selected the top left cell in the 91+ image, ctrl+v and had the stock timing in the 91+ image for gear 1. Do that 5 more times, and you would be done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.