Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Headwork Winter Project

2M views 21K replies 174 participants last post by  Jan Okal 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey there guys, thought some of you might find this interesting…

I’m doing some headwork on my 2003 R1 over winter. I own a bike shop in the UK and it’s getting up to the quiet period for me and I have been planning to do this for a long time.
Because I own a bike shop I obviously have access to the workshop, tools and resources to do work like this and it got me thinking, what I can do to my engine to make it the way I want with the minimum amount of money spent. I’m on quite a tight budget (owning a bike shop hasn’t made me the millionaire I hoped it would but I wouldn’t change it for the world!). I have a list of things I plan to do which I’ll go into in a bit.

Firstly, I’d like to say thanks to a few people on here who’ve helped me out already with the info/specs I was missing and given me some great advice as to going about things. They know who they are. Also, thanks to the people who make this great source of information possible, the guys who run this forum. :beer

For future readers, please check out this thread also as it contains some very useful info on tools I use and additional information from other users.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185329 Thanks to BSR-1 for starting that thread.

See less See more
#14,663 ·
lol. i was kidding.:fact:makeout
S'okay, their work deserves it.

Apolgies for the rubbish pictures though, it's really dingy here right now...

Here's a center stand. They're got total, and I mean total coverage. All the same thickness, beautiful.

This really blurry, useless pic is of part of the stand, I don't know how they managed to get the powder in there considering all the nooks and crannies, and so evenly. Not a pin prick or speck anywhere. Sorry, it was on a second exposure and I can't hold things very still!

And here's a wheel. Hopefully you'll get some idea of the quality from this. Incredible. I just want to stroke it all the time. (For you BSR ;))

#14,671 ·
I thought about leaving that part off but.................
:lol Thanks for that...

I need a collective 'fingers crossed' from you guys that the thermostat turns up tomorrow 'cos it's much needed right now. Perfect opportunity to fit it right now but like everything that comes form overseas and into the hands of Royal Snail, it doesn't seem to be in a hurry. I hate our postal 'service'. The problems it causes me at work are unreal.

#14,673 ·
:lol Thanks for that...

I need a collective 'fingers crossed' from you guys that the thermostat turns up tomorrow 'cos it's much needed right now. Perfect opportunity to fit it right now but like everything that comes form overseas and into the hands of Royal Snail, it doesn't seem to be in a hurry. I hate our postal 'service'. The problems it causes me at work are unreal.
haven't you got tyres to test tomorrow anyway?

#14,677 ·
haven't you got tyres to test tomorrow anyway?
Yes mate, alllllll day. But then there's the evening/overnight.

Wow... did I just walk into an episode of Father knows best ? :lol
:hammer:

well he said the missus is away so I figured somebody has to keep him focused.
She is, so I get the evenings to play down here without feeling guilty ;)

I am away but i'm not his missus ;)
Miss you already Darling...

#14,678 ·
Damnit !! just as I was in paypal and getting ready to hit send money !! :hammer:

Actually I'm glad you decided to keep them :)
Sorry Jeff, I couldn't resist them, they where sat on the bench calling me..teasing me to be fitted. Once I'd started I just couldn't stop myself, I knew it was wrong but it felt so right.. ahem.... I mean .....

As long as you don't mind. :thumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.