Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Oct ride in Louisville KY....

6K views 76 replies 10 participants last post by  playboyr1 
#1 ·

Probably going to get some haters....IDC.

#4 ·
I couldn't agree more...lucky...no cars were hit, and nobody was hurt. With the numbers of people, the majority are very safe, and are not endangering anyone, but themselves of course...maybe other riders. Everyone knows what to expect on these rides, and the majority of non-stunters stay back, block traffic, but of course with this many bikes a crash or two is bound to happen. I know the majority of people will not like agree with this type of ride, but then again this is stunters corner...

#5 ·
The cops know that for the most part, we would be the only ones getting hurt. As for the skatepark area...cops are more likely to run us off from there than on the street. It is not like this is an every weekend thing. This only happens a couple of times a year...other than that we are always in parking lots.

#6 ·
I just think you are endangering a lot more than yourself...One of those bikes goes down in front of a car and they will swerve...

I'm out of stunters corner...I have no issue with stunting a bike, but blocking traffic and running like that on sidewalks and in the street I will never understand

#7 ·
Most people would not understand it...and that I understand. That is a reason why people who are against it would not go on these types of rides. It is also not like this is the only city that puts on these rides...these types of street rides happen all across the nation.

#15 ·
I was waiting for the VW to come crashing through the crowd of bikes like they did in Brazil. Would have been better that way.

If I was trying to get somewhere and you blocked me, I'd run u the hell over. Then laugh. I could get away with it even. It happened here in indy a few years ago and the guy got away with it because the bikers "trapped" him in traffic and he felt threatened. He bolted and downed 5 bikes. The bikers were rightfully ticketed and the guy walked.

Remember that next time you decide to block traffic.

#17 ·
I love stunt rides. If you guys think that video is bad search hollywoodz 2011 in youtube. During stunt rides anything goes, rarely anyone pulls over for police, and be prepared to avoid crashing motorcycles, it happens. It's not everyones cup of tea but I deff like them.

#26 ·
:corn

#27 ·
Aight,,,, what're you young'uns fussin' about now?

#32 ·
Look...I have and will helped out many people. I have stopped to help change tires...I always hold doors for people...please and thank you are used everyday in my vocabulary...I go out of my way very often to help others...I let people over, stop to let people out, and I give to charity, and every Christmas I buy a shit load of gifts for kids at a local orphanage I couldn't agree with you more about the majority of society, but do not put me into that category because twice a year I do not car if I hold up traffic for a minute or two. I still live my life for me, I like to be happy and have fun. If you do not put yourself first every once in a while you will get no where in life. I am successful because of this very attitude. I have respect for people. Yes, I do not care if a person gets upset because they have to wait an extra 30 seconds for a stop light. It is not like I am giving them the finger as I ride through, and believe it or not in this part of town that we ride in most people do not mind at all. The majority wave, give us thumbs up, cheer us on...I guess people around here and just not as uptight as some of the people on the internet.

#34 ·
Like tootin your own horn, don't ya.

Ever hear about the war between Indiana and Kentucky? Indiana was out gunned and in trouble because Kentucky had a large supply of dynamite. It turned out well for us though. Every time you retards threw bombs over, we just lit them and threw them back.

How do you know the tooth brush was invented in Kentucky? If it were developed anywhere else it would be called a teeth brush.

What do you call a female virgin in Kentucky? Faster than her brothers.

Kentucky: 5 million people, 10 last names.

Why couldn't the baby Jesus be born in Kentucky? Because they couldn't find 3 wise men or a virgin.

Why are there so many unsolved murders in Kentucky? There are no dental records and everyone has the same DNA

LMAO

#35 ·
Of course...just goes to show.

I love prejudice, uneducated people. I mean really, we are going to resort to poking fun at an entire state. Let's just toss every person in a state into one misconception. You speaking like this about a high population of people who you have never met goes farther to show the problems with society. I like to ride my motorcycle, and twice a year I may be a part of holding up traffic...and you accuse me of being a part of what is wrong with the world today? While, you prejudge everyone in this state.

As a matter of fact there are plenty of smart, cultured, and very well educated people in Kentucky...we call them tourist... ha ha. I can make fun of my state, I personally do not care...I take nothing said to me on the internet to heart...I will not be losing any sleep over this conversation.

#55 ·
Rebuilding year this year bro. I'll be there next year. :thumbup

#58 ·
Lookin good goob:thumbup

#60 ·
Damn Goobr I must say for a man of your weight class you are KILLIN it! And I don't mean to offened you in any way but damn, I'm used to seeing all these slim, light weight guys dragging knee and elbow but that is also probably because I don't really make it around the Track threads. Props :bow

#61 ·
Haha Blocking traffic goes on with any club events... not only stunts and Ill tell you this it happened in ny... guy decided to run over a biker from a group and the guy got shot by another member before he could get away... Biker got up after incident and all bikers proceded throughout their days... Shooter still on the loose and never found... In NY and CA I would not try to run over any rider.... because we will follow you and beat your ass, just the way shit goes down... You as a driver are taught to respect bikers and as a biker you should know yourself to respect all of us on the road as we would do for you. Stunts, Rides, Events.. Whatever Bike vs. Cars? Bike loses. Its like when your riding and a car cuts you off they are the killing machines to us bikers... and as I also do you cut me off your mirror is gone for not using it. Respect all Bikers or there will be consequences

#65 ·
I will have to agree with playboy and I thought about this too. If someone was to run over a motorcycle rider, intentionally and then try to run it would upset a lot of people especially if it is a large group of riders, no matter what type of riding style. And that surely could turn out bad for either the car driver or the motorcycle riders.

#69 ·
Ahem,,,,, gargle, gargle. Um, once again, this is the Stunter's Corner. If you're not a stunter and have nothing nice to say, stay out of this forum section.

It's cut and dried and that's all there is to it. :fact

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.